Website Zinc Network
Are you looking for a Job at Zinc Network in London, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Introducing Zinc Network
Zinc Network is an international development company – headquartered in London and with offices in Washington, D.C., Tbilisi, and Nairobi – on a mission to achieve meaningful, measurable change through communications, technology, and behavioural science. We are a B-Corp certified, ethical business with 80+ team members from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds. We work with a broad range of governmental, NGO, and private sector clients, including USAID; the U.S. Department of State; the U.S. Department of Defense; the UK Home Office; the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office; the UK Ministry of Defence; the African Union; UN agencies and missions; the European Commission; Microsoft; Twitter; and Facebook.
We conceptualise and create award-winning programmes, interventions, and campaigns that change the way that people think, feel, and act across a wide range of pervasive social issues, including disinformation and misinformation, violent extremism, poor governance, threats to children and young people’s online safety, gender-based violence, and more.
We consistently collaborate with diverse stakeholder groups to co-develop innovative, evidence-based solutions, including government departments and agencies, civil society organisations, technologists and entrepreneurs, activists, influencers, and media outlets.
We are steeped in research, social and behavioural science, cutting-edge creative and digital execution, service design, a learn-through-doing approach to capacity-building, and strong monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL).
We are looking to hire two Talent Acquisition Managers to support us discover, attract, and onboard new teammates, with one talent manager handling hiring across our global project management, strategy and researcher roles, and a further talent manager handling hiring across creative, digital, production management and operations.
What’s the role?
Talent Acquisition Managers will be embedded within the departments they’re recruiting for – creating a close and collaborative relationship with the leadership of each department and allowing for a deep and rich understanding around the needs and expectations of each department.
As one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, you’ll lead on all talent planning, mapping, discovery, and onboarding, guiding candidates through the process of interviews, assessments, references and checks, and recommending candidates that place the best people in the right roles, delivering a happy and productive outcome for all those involved. You’ll provide recruitment best practice, manage our Applicant Tracking System (Workable), and offer additional support and guidance around diversity and inclusion. The role will also require working with our business development team on proposal development. You will be commercially astute and able to understand project budgets and how they impact the make-up of the team and staffing structures on our current and future projects.
What You’ll Be Doing…
New Business Recruitment:
- Serves as proposal recruiter on multiple new business efforts, discovering highly talented staff to be proposed on bids submitted to clients.
- Works across geographies – with a focus on proposing talent within our field teams across Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, as well roles located at our bases in London and Washington DC.
- Ensures that proposals are staffed to the highest standard, increasing our chances of an award.
- Resources, interviews, conducts background checks and negotiates with preferred candidates.
- Maintains high-quality recruitment records and information to be passed to project teams if awarded, this includes familiarisation with regional employment law and benefits.
- Manages the applicant tracking system (Workable) to ensure all recruitment processes are GDPR compliant and ensures that all candidates have a positive experience by ensuring timely updates and positive engagement.
Project and Departmental Recruitment
- Supports departments across hiring and onboarding during start-up and across the course of the project lifetime, including drafting job descriptions, and conducting interviews, background checks and negotiating with identified candidates.
- Leads on hiring specific roles within the departments, helping build up teams or finding replacement staff as required.
- Works across geographies – with a focus on hiring talent into our field teams across Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, as well as supporting departments at our bases in London and Washington DC.
- Be present for outreach and networking events, as well as acting as an initial point of contact for people speculatively exploring careers at Zinc Network.
All while embodying the values of Zinc Network.
What we need from you…
- Preferred degree educated up to undergraduate in relevant subjects such as Human Resources, Business Management, International Development and/or relations. Combination of work experience and education will also be considered
- Specific recruitment training with CIPD or similar global professional body would be an advantage.
- Experience working on international hiring briefs.
- Commercial mindset with previous experience in understanding wider team budgets and salary impact.
- Able to work in a matrixed management environment, partnering with different teams and business units across the organisation.
- Knowledge and comprehensive experience of managing complex recruitment for projects to short deadlines.
- Ability to mentor and coach less experienced staff in recruiting and interviewing methods.
- Previous experience recruiting for FCDO or other UK Government departments, USAID and the State Department, European bilateral donors or international NGO’s would be an advantage but not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings.
- Pro-active and able to manage conflicting priorities.
- Proven to work ethically and in line with good industry practice.
- UK work authorisation or ability to obtain it required.
- Fluency in English.
- Talent Acquisition Managers will sit within the departments they’re recruiting for, with one talent manager reporting into the director of programming covering project management, as well as the leadership across research and strategy. Similarly, the second talent manager will sit within the production and operations team, reporting to the head of production and operations as well as the creative and digital team, reporting to the leadership of creative and digital accordingly.
- An appropriate executive director-level team member will be the nominated line manager.
£38k – £45k per role.
Company: Zinc Network
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com