Are you looking for a Job at Wrtsil in Fareham, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Wärtsilä is a world leader in marine technology and leading the industry’s transformation towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. We at Wärtsilä Marine Power are proud to offer our customers the world’s widest network of maritime expertise and the full portfolio from engines to lifecycle solutions.
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services – together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
Business Unit Field Services & Workshops (FS&WS) in Marine Power is a global organisation with harmonised ways of working and tools to deliver the best possible services for our customers. FS&WS in one of the key enablers to support customers towards sustainable future with the latest technologies.
In our global team we value, respect, and embrace different opinions and diversity.
Safety, environment, and wellbeing are our foundation, and we never compromise them.
If you want to join a team where colleagues support each other, works hard, and know how to have fun, come and apply!
We are looking for a Field Service Superintendent Engineer 4 -stroke to join our dynamic, safety-focused Marine Field Services team. This is a Field Service position and we have openings in the following countries. Finland, Poland, U.K. Holland, Hungary.
This position will be for the Wärtsilä PBL Team. This Wärtsilä team is the one responsible for a comprehensive, 12-year performance-based agreement that has been signed between Wärtsilä and Carnival Corporation. In January 2017, the performance-based agreement was signed to strengthen the partnership between Wärtsilä and Carnival. The agreement includes Wärtsilä’s Dynamic Maintenance Planning (DMP) and Condition Based Maintenance (CBM). Simplified, Wärtsilä will take care of engine maintenance and monitoring, scheduled or not. In addition, Wärtsilä will also be responsible for safely extending overhaul intervals where possible, as they will be closely monitoring the ship’s engines.
What will you be doing?
- In this position, you will perform Field Service activities such as overhauls, maintenance, troubleshooting on our Wärtsilä 4-stroke marine diesel engines such as Wärtsilä 46F, Wärtsilä 46, Wärtsilä 46Common Rail, and Sulzer ZA40S.
- For us to be the best match, we expect you to have technical experience in marine engineering and proven expertise in installation operation, maintenance, and repair of 4-stroke marine diesel engines You will also have a safety-first attitude.
As a Service Engineer, Superintendent Engineer, 4 -stroke you will focus on these responsibilities:
- Perform Field Service activities according to the work plan on our Wärtsilä marine diesel engines as per PBL contractual obligations.
- Perform PBL designed Overhauls and Maintenance with customer Riding Team
- Delegate and execute on-site RT coordination and performance of this
- Interact professionally with customers during the work execution.
- Perform internal and external progress status of the assigned work.
- Create the Service Work Reports.
- Ensure that the work is executed according to Wärtsilä QEHS guidelines and site procedures.
- Ensure that the work is executed according to QSHE guidelines and site procedures and policies.
- Follow-up and report on the status of work orders to customers and internal stakeholders.
To be successful in the role, we expect you to have:
- A safety-first mindset.
- ABB Turbocharger Knowledge
- Experience as a Lead with W32, W38 A and B, Wärtsilä 46F, Wärtsilä 46, Wärtsilä 46 Common Rail, and Sulzer ZA40S.
- Experience leading teams from the customer side or 3er party mechanics.
- Experience on medium speed 4-stroke engines as a Lead
- High level people’s skills to ensure safety protocols and expectation are set with RT for a successful OH execution
- A passion for developing the 4-Stroke marine business to the next level.
- Relevant technical education or qualifications as a combination of education and experience.
- Technical experience in marine engineering with practical problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience in installation operation, Maintenance, and repair.
- Able to travel full-time globally
- Awareness of auxiliary system
- Experience in machining basics, liner landings
- Highly effective technical communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Interact professionally and deliver solutions to customers during the work execution.
- Experience in working with electrical systems is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluency in English with relevant additional language skills beneficial
Why you and us
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for. Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
You will be a part of a global organization with local presence and work in an exciting and dynamic working environment with highly motivated and skilled co-workers. We offer interesting and challenging work tasks, as well as personal and professional development in a great team.
Contact and next steps
If you feel excited by being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your application, together with a Curriculum Vitae. We hope to hear from you before the last application date 11 May 2022, through submitting your application in our careers portal.
Please reach out to Esa Pitkäranta, Field Services Coordinator, PBL, through [email protected] with any questions related to this position (only for questions from direct job applicants, applications through email will not be recorded or responded to).
Last application date: 11/05/2022
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä Marine Power leads the industry in its journey towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. Our portfolio of engines, propulsion systems, hybrid technology, and integrated powertrain systems deliver the reliability, safety, and environmental performance that Wärtsilä’s Smart Marine vision encompasses. We offer our customers performance-based agreements, lifecycle solutions, and an unrivalled global network of maritime expertise. www.wartsila.com/marine
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. We emphasise innovation in sustainable technology and services to help our customers continuously improve their environmental and economic performance. Our dedicated and passionate team of 17,000 professionals in more than 200 locations in 68 countries shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. In 2021, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Fareham, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org