This listing is about Wonolo in San Francisco, CA
About the job
Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo’s mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with over 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo empowers the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
We’re looking for a Senior iOS Software Engineer to join our Wonoloer team and help take our mobile app to the next level and make Wonolo indisputably the best experience in the category through high-quality mobile user experiences. You will be part of a team that is in charge of our end-user experience which is the main touchpoint of the worker community.
This team consists of native iOS/Android and backend engineers to have full control of the experience. You will have visibility to all aspects of product development, and collaborate closely with our design, product, and engineering teams to push new features that will improve the experience of hundreds of thousands of people looking for jobs on our platform. You should have experience building amazing high-performance applications on mobile. If you’re looking for an exciting high profile and high impact opportunity then you’ve come to the right place!
We are remote-first and welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in the United States and Canada .
What You’ll Do
- Build new features from scratch
- Write clean, maintainable code while iterating and shipping rapidly
- Identify, work on, and solve complex challenges
- Collaborate across functions, to transform our user pain points and business needs into intuitive experiences
- Champion engineering excellence with a sense of urgency
- Mentor and collaborate with remote team members through code reviews and pairing
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience building consumer iOS applications in Swift with a large user-base
- Deep understanding of the iOS lifecycle and Apple APIs
- Experience working in every step of the mobile development process: development, debugging, and deployment
- Strong knowledge of iOS architecture patterns
- You have solid communication skills, and are excited about collaborating with backend teams, Product Managers, and Designers
- You care deeply about the craft of software development and stay on top of emerging technologies and best practices
- You can articulate technical trade-offs of different approaches, know-how and when to deviate from established best practices, and can admit when you’re wrong
- You have the desire to grow, mentor, and learn from your fellow developers, regardless of level
- You demonstrate a substantial commitment to representation and inclusion
Nice To Haves
- Experience with Objective-C
- Experience with SwiftUI
- Familiarity with CI/CD
- Experience delivering products in an agile environment
Benefits And Perks
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven and well-funded start-up
- Meaningful equity and company bonus
- We pay 100% of the medical/dental/vision insurance premiums for you
- Generous parental leave plan
- Cell phone reimbursement and company laptop
- Access to continued learning, unlimited access to Udemy for Business sponsored by Wonolo
- Retirement plans as well as life and disability insurance
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible schedules, an open vacation policy, and the ability to work from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada (no more commutes!)
- Team outings, happy hours, company off-sites, and more!
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 1 million front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John’s, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 180+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States and Canada. We are well funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn More About Us
Wonolo raises $140M to continue supporting over 1 million laborers and front-line workers
Wonolo is one of Glassdoor’s best tech companies to work for in 2021
Sequoia, leading Silicon Valley venture capital firm, invests in Wonolo
Yong Kim (CEO) on why he’s passionate about empowering the in-demand workforce
Wonolo is a Great Place to Work-Certified company for delivering a consistently high-trust experience for all employees. We value representation and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.
#24 in Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work 2021 (Small and Medium)
#12 in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 (Small and Medium)
Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2020 (Medium to Large)
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and the biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal opportunity employer. We work to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies at Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but not limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo’s recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo’s third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.
This position is not open to applicants residing in or otherwise based in the State of Colorado or New York City. The work location is flexible if approved by the Company, except that the position may not be performed remotely from within the State of Colorado or New York City.
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org