Website Western Governors University
This listing is about Western Governors University in Salt Lake City, UT
About the job
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Current employees must apply by 3/12/22 to be consider for this position.
As part of the WGU Brand team, the Brand Specialist works directly with the Senior Manager of Brand Strategy & Insights and other Marketing and cross-organizational executives to help execute brand initiatives for all assigned WGU-affiliated entities (e.g., Western Governors University, WGU Labs, WGU Academy, New U Venture Partners, etc.) and lead assigned activation across channels and audiences. S/he is responsible for smooth execution from Go-to-market plans and leveraging information from research, cross-functional know-how and collaboration.
WGU has a range of distinct audiences and employs a full range of B2C and B2B marketing tactics; as such, the Brand Specialist will help deliver the strong customer voice that is set forth by a brand direction that can be activated across television, OOH, print, conferences/events, digital video, display, social media, email, website, field enablement and partner outreach, etc. The Brand Marketing team’s work supports WGU’s mission of expanding educational access and attainment, enables continued national growth, and aligns with strategic priorities set by the College, Region, and Strategic Partnerships teams.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
- Brand and Messaging Activation – Collaborate and provide brand execution leadership with partners across the business to ensure customer understanding and insight is integrated in marketing and region strategies. Track and report on success of initiatives and impact on relevant performance targets.
- Go-to-Market Execution – Help execute assigned initiatives for bringing new strategic audiences, WGU programs, courses, entities, sponsorships and other offerings to market. Collaborate closely with cross-organizational team members to meet project deliverables and deadlines
- Long-Term KPI Tracking – Work with internal/external resources to track and drive progress against a range of long-term brand objectives, including brand health (e.g., awareness, familiarity, consideration, perceptions), competitive intelligence and growth of strategic audiences.
Knowledge and Abilities – Required competencies, proficiencies, specialized knowledge, technology skills, etc.
- Passion, aptitude and innate curiosity for understanding customer behavior and knowledge of techniques to use to uncover insight and drive customer intimacy.
- Some brand-building experience with good storytelling abilities and understanding of core brand marketing frameworks; some knowledge of which to employ, how to develop them, and how to implement them successfully to drive tactical action and measurable results.
- Strong relationship building skills for stakeholder management; ability to influence executives with a range of competing perspectives and priorities in a highly matrixed environment.
- Must be able to clearly and persuasively communicate both verbally and in writing with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional project management and organization skills.
- Drive and ability to influence others to act
- B.S./B.A. (required) Marketing, Business, or related field
- 2-3 years of experience in market research, consumer insights, brand marketing or related area.
- MBA or other advanced degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field
- Comfortable in data visualization tool e.g. Tableau, Adobe Analytics
- Experience in education industry is a plus
- Located in our SLC office. Some remote work allowed.
- Some travel may be required to support marketing initiatives and university events
Disclaimer: This Job Description has been designed to indicate the general nature, essential duties, and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications that are required of the employee to do this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment and the University may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
Company: Western Governors University
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Application Deadline: N/A