Website Western Governors University
This listing is about Western Governors University in Columbus, OH
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Job Profile Summary:
The Project Manager III will stay informed on projects within assigned team and ensure best practices are used across the functional team, mentoring and developing project managers and associate project managers in their work. This individual manages projects from inception through completion within their assigned department. The Project Manager III monitors and reports project status—including risks, issues affecting project schedules, and milestone achievements—to stakeholders and departmental leadership. The individual develops project plans and schedules and ensures projects meet departmental requirements, standards, policies, and deadlines. The Project Manager III is expected to keep fully informed of departmental strategies and priorities and effectively influence the work of project team members in line with those priorities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manages all phases of assigned projects (i.e., initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and closing).
- Keeps stakeholders and departmental leadership informed of project statuses, including, but not limited to, milestone achievements, toll gate progress, risks, and any issues that may adversely affect project schedules.
- Keeps project management records and systems accurate and up to date.
- Produces timely and accurate reports as directed.
- Develops realistic project plans and schedules by analyzing organizational process assets, enterprise environmental factors, task dependencies, resource requirements, work breakdown, and departmental strategy and priorities.
- Ensures projects meet organizational standards and are managed in accordance with applicable policies, processes, and procedures.
- Documents project deliverables, outputs, and notes that capture why key project decisions were made.
- Understands departmental strategic priorities and influences the actions and work efforts of team members in line those priorities.
- Provides input to Project Management Office (PMO) manager to develop or refine project management procedures and processes for the purpose of improving efficiency.
- Provides leadership, mentorship, and training support to teams, project managers and associate project managers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Project management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to use project management systems and tools.
- Works to achieve operational targets with significant to major impact on department, Function, or Office results. May be responsible for managing large projects or processes within the department, function, or office.
- Performs work as directed with limited oversight.
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Responsible for leveraging a systems-thinking approach, making moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems, and plans within the department, Function, or Office.
- Problems and issues faced are numerous and challenging, will require detailed information gathering and analysis. Problems typically affect multiple areas or specialties.
Communication & Influence:
- Collaborates cross-functionally with employees within and outside of the department. Typically has responsibility for communicating with parties external to the University.
- Works to influence parties within and outside the department, Function, or Office regarding policies, procedures, and practices.
Leadership & Talent Management
- Is responsible for providing guidance, coaching, and training to other employees in the department, Function, or Office. Responsible for managing projects involving delegation of work and review of others’ work products.
- Demonstrates the WGU leadership principles in all aspects of service to students, employees, and partners of WGU.
- 5+ years of experience with a bachelor’s degree, or 3+ years and a master’s degree, or a doctorate or terminal degree without experience .
Department Specific Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience as the assigned project manager of executive-sponsored projects, with sole responsibility for project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and closure.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in higher education, WGU, and program development preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
Company: Western Governors University
Job Location: Columbus, OH
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org