Website Western Digital
This listing is about Western Digital in San Jose, CA
About the job
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for planning, organizing, setting production priorities and providing direction to lower level operators within area(s) of responsibility.
- Responsible for quality, productivity, cycle time, and tool utilization within their cell. Fully accountable for individual/team results.
- Must be able to recognize and drive resolution of minor tooling or process problems within areas of responsibility.
- Must be able to understand Statistical Process Control (SPC); read and understand production reports and process instructions; and assist lower level operators with production related problems.
- Must possess good communication, problem solving, computer and team building skills.
- Will be expected to document and communicate a daily production and tooling status and participate in shift crossover meetings.
- Candidate must be flexible, able to learn quickly and apply knowledge.
- The candidate will work in a class 100 cleanroom.
- Candidates must be flexible to work a 12 hour AWS Shift and overtime, as required by the team.
- 5 years wafer manufacturing hands-on experience and 3 years leadership experience.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency/commitment and be results oriented.
- Must have strong computer skills, including knowledge of Windows and proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Should have a good understanding of Wafer manufacturing processes.
- Must be a self-starter and quick learner.
- Must be able to solve problems and troubleshoot minor process and equipment related issues.
- Intermediate/advanced level of Excel a plus.
Western Digital is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on their race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Company: Western Digital
Job Location: San Jose, CA
Application Deadline: N/A