Website WESCO Distribution
This listing is about WESCO Distribution in Alsip, IL
About the job
We are looking for a well-rounded Operations Supervisor that will oversee operations including receiving, picking, packing, shipping, wire cutting, light assembly as well as housekeeping of the warehouse.
At WESCO, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard day’s work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
Plan, direct, and coordinate the storage and distribution operations of products and materials. Manage designated areas of Warehouse Operation, oversee functional areas, and perform manager’s duties as assigned. Responsible for consistent application of SOPs (Standard Operating Policies) and associate administration in the facility.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 1st shift
- Ensures compliance with operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, and shipping of products and materials
- Ensures a safe working environment for all associates including surveying facility for repair and maintenance items, promoting and managing safety programs; ensuring policy adherence for worker’s compensation and general liability issues
- Review work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and issue work assignments
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, and shipping products or materials
- Trains staff to ensure attainment of department performance goals
- Manages and ensures successful achievement of performance goals of assigned functional areas
- Develop and implement plans for facility modification or expansion, such as equipment purchase or changes in space allocation or structural design
- Schedule surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials
- Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations maintenance and safety manuals
- Opens and closes the distribution center, authorizes refunds, and handles customer problems
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We Are Looking For Candidates With
- 2+ years’ experience in warehouse operations including shipping, receiving, inventory and quality control.
- 2+ years’ supervisory experience within a distribution center, high-volume retailer, manufacturer, or production environment.
- 1-3 years required, 5 years preferred of forklift operation
- High School degree or equivalent experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management or related field preferred
- Prior demonstrated experience managing a team of hourly associates in a fast-paced production, distribution, manufacturing, retail or similar environment
- Experience coaching and guiding employees
- Highly analytical with ability to; gather data, review data, manage through those analytics and effectively communicate the business translation to your team
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated business communication skills, verbal and written, required
- Experience with operational process and team development preferred
- Excellent computer skills and aptitude
- Self-directed, motivated and goal oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Able to dissect a problem and present realistic solution
- Knowledge of Electrical or Low Voltage products preferred but not required
- General Office: Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
- Work is physically strenuous and workers are required to lift heavy packages up to 50 pounds.
- Work may require excessive bending or stooping.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“WESCO”), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded FORTUNE 250 company, is a leading provider of business-to-business distribution, logistics services and supply chain management solutions. Pro forma 2019 annual sales were over $17 billion, including Anixter International which it acquired in June 2020.
WESCO offers a best-in-class product and services portfolio of Electrical and Electronic Solutions, Communications and Security Solutions, and Utility and Broadband Solutions. The company employs over 18,000 people, maintains relationships with over 30,000 suppliers, and serves more than 150,000 customers worldwide. With nearly 1.5 million products, end-to-end supply chain services, and leading digital capabilities, WESCO provides innovative solutions to meet customer needs across commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers, and utilities.
WESCO operates nearly 800 branch and warehouse locations in over 50 countries, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
At WESCO, we build, connect, power, and protect the world. We have the capabilities and expertise to deliver the latest technologies, including: Industrial networking, Intelligent buildings, Cloud computing, Alternative energy, Broadband communications, Critical infrastructure protection, LED lighting retrofits, and Physical security.
Company: WESCO Distribution
Job Location: Alsip, IL
Application Deadline: N/A