Website WESCO Distribution
This listing is about WESCO Distribution in Cedar Rapids, IA
About the job
If you like interfacing with clients and traveling to locations within your assigned area, then this is the job for you! We are hiring a Field Inventory Technician that will call on customer accounts to check on stock/inventory and obtain new product orders. You’ll need to be outgoing and personable in order to build and maintain rapport with store management! We are WESCO and we value our customers and employees.
What’s In It For You
In addition to best in class benefits (insurance, PTO, 401k, etc.) we offer:
- Employee referral rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- National discounts on commonly used items (phone plans, Whirlpool appliances, computers, etc.)
You matter at WESCO. We’re a global Fortune 500 distributor, but we’re also down to earth, people-first place to work. Our teams are made up of people who care about continuous improvement, not big egos.
Hours: Monday – Friday; 6:00am – 3:00pm
Rate of Pay: $19.04 – $23.80/hour based on experience
Here Is What You Can Expect
- Interfaces with customers to evaluate needs or concerns and communicates these to outside sales representatives
- Sources, upsells, and builds relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Maintains on-site daily product reporting and analysis to ensure supply chain controls
- Assists with on-site product location and identification
- Communicates changes, shortages, and concerns directly to customers and branch management
- Delivers custom presentations on WESCO LEAN customer value, including Point of Use (vending applications), job trailers and WESCO/EESCODIRECT, ESTOCK.
- Reviews, controls, and releases customer orders, reports daily customer status, and maintains barcoding and scanning practices for proper product identification and alignment with WESNET.
- Maintains eStock and eCrib VMI labels and webpage revisions to ensure minimum and maximum inventory levels.
What You Need To Apply
- 1 year of electrical, construction or mechanical products knowledge required, 2 years preferred
- 1 year of resolving technical, equipment, and service-related issues, 2 years preferred
- High school degree or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
- Ability to use win-win approach to resolve controversy, stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations
- Ability to prospect and market concepts to existing and potential accounts
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
Who is this company with all these great things to offer?
We are WESCO. We enable the connected world. We are leading global distributor of Network & Security, Electrical and Utility Power Solutions. We are proud of our culture of ethics, honesty, diversity and growth. We reward initiative and original ideas. WESCO Anixter employs individuals around the world. We seek out and encourage diversity of thought and experience. Our differences strengthen our company and enrich our culture. It’s safe to say, you will be welcome here.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity. Apply Now!
Due to Covid, when you come onsite for an interview – masks are provided and required. We also social distance to keep you and our team safe.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“WESCO”), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded FORTUNE 250 company, is a leading provider of business-to-business distribution, logistics services and supply chain management solutions. Pro forma 2019 annual sales were over $17 billion, including Anixter International which it acquired in June 2020.
WESCO offers a best-in-class product and services portfolio of Electrical and Electronic Solutions, Communications and Security Solutions, and Utility and Broadband Solutions. The company employs over 18,000 people, maintains relationships with over 30,000 suppliers, and serves more than 150,000 customers worldwide. With nearly 1.5 million products, end-to-end supply chain services, and leading digital capabilities, WESCO provides innovative solutions to meet customer needs across commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers, and utilities.
WESCO operates nearly 800 branch and warehouse locations in over 50 countries, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
At WESCO, we build, connect, power, and protect the world. We have the capabilities and expertise to deliver the latest technologies, including: Industrial networking, Intelligent buildings, Cloud computing, Alternative energy, Broadband communications, Critical infrastructure protection, LED lighting retrofits, and Physical security.
Company: WESCO Distribution
Job Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Application Deadline: N/A