Website Wellington Management
Are you looking for a Job at Wellington Management in London, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Multi-Asset Solutions Investment Director (Product Specialist) to join our Alternatives & Multi-Strategy Product Management group in London. This individual will engage with clients, prospects, and consultants to discuss investment approaches, create new multi-asset solutions, analyze solutions to ensure investment integrity, and manage business issues on behalf of investment teams.
The Product Management Function Has Three Main Objectives
The Product Management group at Wellington partners with our investment teams, our Business Development & Relationship Management Group (Client Group), and business colleagues around the firm. Our investors span a wide range of assets, disciplines, geographies, industries, market capitalizations, and styles. Our clients are located around the world.
Product Development & Marketing
Product Management contributes to client growth and retention by assessing business opportunities and leading business planning, developing new products and investment solutions, by creating the communication strategy for the book of business, including materials that differentiate the product relative to competitors, and by acting as a subject matter expert and portfolio representative for colleagues, clients and consultants.
Investment Integrity & Risk Management
Product Management acts as an independent advisor to ensure the integrity of the investment and risk management processes (as well as consistency with client parameters and objectives), conducts regular risk and performance attributions reviews, and contributes to formal Investment Review Group processes.
Product Management contributes to business management, including capacity, pricing and guidelines, leads the resolution of internal business challenges, and collaborates on investment integrity, marketing and product development best practices.
Role & Responsibilities
The Investment Director will work closely with our Investment Strategy team, which manages over $50 billion of client assets across a range of Multi-Asset, Thematic, Absolute Return, Income and Multi-Manager portfolios. He/she will specifically lead our efforts to grow Multi-Asset Custom Solutions in EMEA, coordinating with the global team. He/she will work closely with the Director of Investment Strategy EMEA/APAC, Product Management colleagues globally, the investment team itself, Client Group, and business professionals around the firm to a) position and represent our investment approaches for success in the marketplace, b) review and evaluate the integrity of our approaches, and c) manage business issues associated with portfolios under coverage.
Specific Activities Will Include
- Acting as an effective investment representative of the Investment Strategy team and their respective portfolios and/or investment process with clients, prospects and consultants;
- Developing and executing the agenda to grow the multi-asset solutions and products under coverage, and strategically build a book of business;
- Creating business plans, marketing strategies and original investment content to differentiate the firm/investor, and position our products/solutions in the marketplace;
- Driving, facilitating and influencing business decisions, such as those arising from operational complexity, fee negotiations, capacity limitations, investment guidelines, and the like, as well as on-boarding and transitioning custom solutions;
- Leveraging analytical tools to provide value-added analysis to improve the investment processes, and conducting periodic risk and attribution reviews with portfolio managers;
- Making quantitative and qualitative evaluations of investment strategies, both for competitive positioning and client consulting;
Investment Directors are expected, in conjunction with Product Management leadership, to actively participate in the development of talent by providing feedback and creating opportunities for team members. Product Management is a global team and members actively work to share information broadly, and to ensure colleagues have the tools to represent the portfolios/investment processes to clients and prospects around the world.
The Investment Director role is multi-faceted, and requires demonstrated investment knowledge, combined with a passion for investing. The successful candidate will have direct experience of building multi-asset solutions, deep market knowledge and compelling communication skills, such that he/she will be able to conduct external and internal meetings across a range of audiences and market/product content. He/she will be intellectually curious, creative, proactive and solutions oriented. The ability to influence and be collaborative, inclusive and transparent while acting as a fiduciary on a wide range of business and investment integrity relative issues is imperative.
Further Qualifications Are Likely To Include
- A strong academic background. Ideally this will include a post-graduate qualification such as a MBA or CFA;
- Substantial (10+ years) industry experience, with deep multi-asset and investment knowledge, preferably gained in a relevant capacity such as Product Management, Portfolio Management or Investment Consulting;
- Multi-Asset solutions experience, including a track-record of working with a diverse set of European clients;
- Strong personal presence and compelling communication skills;
- Demonstrated business judgment skills and strong analytical skills;
- Originality in thinking, and the ability to bring new ideas and creative solutions to discussions;
- A positive, collegial attitude, and a high level of professionalism;
- Grace under pressure, the ability to adapt, “roll up sleeves” and get things done.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That’s ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at [email protected].
Company: Wellington Management
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com