Website Weir Minerals
Are you looking for a Job at Weir Minerals in United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Weir Minerals Europe is part of the Weir Group PLC, the business has been established for over 150 years and is a world leader in the design and manufacture of pumps, valves, cyclones, vibrating screen machines, crushers and other associated equipment for the mining and minerals processing industries.
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
Weir Minerals Europe are recruiting for an exciting position of a Dewatering Product Specialist who has previously had great success in a similar role ideally in mining or within an industry where centrifugal pumps are widely used.
The Dewatering Specialist represents the “voice of the customer” internally by identifying and developing products and services that provide value to customers.
Reporting to the Product Manager – Centrifugal Pumps Europe they will develop, communicate and execute comprehensive product strategy, including an integrated approach and full support to sales teams for dewatering projects.
Including but not limited to:
- Develop and implement the product strategy and market positioning for the product line with the support of the Product Manager Pumps Europe
- Collaborate with the sales and service teams to maximise product performance and achieve revenue objectives
- Monitor product performance and develop the recovery plans to achieve the performance targets
- Provide technical support and training to sales team
- Identify opportunities and coordinate product and service development in new and existing markets
- Manage competitive evaluations, product development activities and customer needs analysis within the dewatering market sector.
- Provide Monthly report covering sales, market activity, competitors and other pertinent information to Product Manager – Pumps Europe
- Manage Voice of Customer data capture to help evaluate performance, quality, functionality and product development initiatives
- Develop pricing policies, inventory requirements for the dewatering product portfolio
- Work closely with Operations, Supply Chain and Engineering to achieve the desired product quality standards at the predetermined (market related) cost levels
- Evaluate product profit statements and identify levers to maximise margin.
- Develop and maintain robust supply chain partnerships to offer customers “1 stop shop” for turnkey dewatering products supply, partnering with key suppliers for packaging.
- Liaise with aftermarket business functions to ensure all MRO opportunities are captured, along with replacement / repair and overhaul
- Coordinate product trials and develop detailed case studies incorporating process conditions by commodity and application
- Coordinate with marketing a promotions campaign to both internal and targeted external audiences.
- Publish success stories and editorials as part of an integrated marketing communications strategy
- Ensure adherence to corporate and product brand guidelines
- Engage with sales network to ensure that opportunities, quotes and activities are logged and tracked in the Divisional CRM tool.
- Develop strategies with other product teams to develop and package integrated solutions (notably project tenders)
- Ensure adherence to limits of authority (self and team)
- Provide technical and marketing information and reports as required
- Ensure adherence to HSE and housekeeping requirements on site and at customer sites
- Prior experience in a similar role for a recognised company within the Minerals processing and mining industry would be advantageous.
- Experience in Dewatering products and large project coordination
- Written and English speaking, other European languages would be advantageous
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts
- Competence in Microsoft (Excel, Word and Powerpoint); ERP Software
- Must be prepared and flexible to travel as and when necessary throughout Europe.
- Strong level of commercial acumen that supports business strategy and growth
- Able to travel throughout the European region.
- This is a Home Office based role
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme; 4% with 6% Weir Contributions, 6% with 9% Weir Contributions & 8% with 12% Weir Contributions
- Free staff parking
- Company discounts
- Share Builder program
Please note we have an internal recruitment team and are not presently engaging with any providers for the purposes of recruitment, we operates a strict preferred supplier list for all recruitment across all areas of our business that is currently closed to new partners.
Company: Weir Minerals
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A