This listing is about Vituity in Lake St Louis, MO
About the job
Lake Saint Louis, MO – Seeking Entry Level Scribe
Gain Experience Working Side-By-Side With Frontline Physicians
As part of our Medical Scribe program, you play a vital role in supporting physicians and health care providers while gaining first-hand knowledge and practical experience in the field. At Vituity we know the impact you can have.
Join the Vituity Team. At Vituity, our core values matter. We embody a Culture of Caring by approaching every human interaction with compassion and heart. With a Servant Leadership philosophy, we focus on what we can accomplish when we put our patients and colleagues first. An Ownership Mentality means we all have mutual accountability to drive positive change for Vituity as a whole. Finally, our focus on Innovation enables all of us to re-imagine healthcare and bring about lasting change. Ultimately, we are unified around the common purpose of transforming healthcare to improve lives, and we believe everyone has a role to play in that. Help us shape the future of healthcare.
Vituity Locations: Vituity has opportunities at 450 practices across the country, serving 8 million patients a year. As part of the Vituity Scribe Program, there are multiple opportunities to fit your needs, including gaining experience in units such as the Emergency Department, Intensivist Care, Telemetry and Medical-Surgical.
- Firsthand exposure to a clinical setting for undergraduates or post baccalaureate students pursuing a career in healthcare
- Great opportunity for students taking time off before Medical, PA or NP school
- Scribe hours are counted towards clinical training for most PA and medical school programs
- Work one-on-one with physicians and other health care providers. Become proficient in medical terminology and put you a few steps ahead of someone else that is entering the same program as you and has not had this experience
- Outstanding networking and resume building opportunities.
- Connect with our scribe alumni for mentorship opportunities
- Completion of scribe application test is required – if applying to more than one scribe position, you are not required to take the eskill assessment test beyond the first time, unless wanting a better score from your first time.
- If the site you are applying for is hiring, you will be contacted by a recruiter only if your skills and experience best match the requirements of the current job opportunity
- Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not able to respond to phone inquiries regarding application status at this time
Required Experience And Competencies
- Responsible and mature demeanor with a passion for medicine
- Strong writing skills
- Quick and accurate typing speed
- Experience with medical terminology, human anatomy and human physiology is preferred
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (two weeks after a second shot of a two-dose vaccine of Pfizer or Moderna or after a single-dose vaccine of Johnson & Johnson) or have an approved exemption
- Each scribe works 2-3 shifts per week (including weekends and a holiday)
- Ability to stand, walk and follow a physician for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in a stressful and fast paced environment
- 1 year commitment, continuous one year, not a summer position
- Excellent follow through
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
- Part of SSM Health System
- 216-bed hospital is a state-designated Level III Trauma Center
- Level II Time Critical Diagnosis STEMI Center
- Outdoor and indoor activities to enjoy year-round; hiking, biking, picnicking, golfing, sports venues to enjoy basketball, soccer, wrestling and more!
- A relaxing community with excellent housing
- Great cultural attractions, fine arts, museums, and various dining facilities that are sure to please everyone
Benefits & Beyond
Vituity cares about the whole you. With our comprehensive benefits package, we are mindful of what matters most, and support your needs of today and your plans for the future.
- EAP, travel assistance and identify theft included
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives including LGBTQ+ History, Dia de los Muertos Celebration, Money Management/Money Relationship, and more
- Purpose-driven culture focused on improving the lives of our patients, communities, and employees
We are unified around the common purpose of transforming healthcare to improve lives and we believe everyone has a role to play in that. We know that when we work together across sites and specialties as an integrated healthcare team, we can exceed the expectations of our patients and the hospitals and clinics we work in. If you are looking to make a difference, from clinical to corporate, Vituity is the place to do it. Come grow with us.
Vituity appreciates differences; our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our organization. Vituity does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information (including family medical history), veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. Vituity is committed to complying with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
Applicants Only. No agencies please.
Job Location: Lake St Louis, MO
Application Deadline: N/A