Website Viejas Casino & Resort
Are you looking for a Job at Viejas Casino Resort in Alpine, CA
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Provides support for the chefs and cooks in maintaining a clean and orderly kitchen. Ensures kitchen equipment and facilities conform to proper sanitation standards.
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
- Cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, silverware, china, glassware, cooking utensils and banquet supplies.
- Cleans, sanitizes and maintains all kitchen equipment including cutting board, steam tables, deep fryers, boiler, ovens, steamers, speed racks, and shelves, walk-in refrigerators and freezers, dishwashing machine, and etc.
- Removes trash/laundry bags and transports to for laundry pick-up or dumpsters.
- Cleans and washes garbage cans.
- Separates trash, recycle, cardboard, etc. in the kitchen areas.
- Cleans walls, light fixtures, ceilings and fans in surrounding areas.
- Removes, transports, and returns mats.
- Sweeps and mops floors.
- Cleans drains and walls.
- Takes apart and cleans stoves and surrounding areas.
- Cleans under and around equipment (pulls out equipment on wheels).
- Cleans hoods/boilers including pulling filters and checking drip pans.
- Cleans ceiling tiles, smokers, stock pot and friar filters.
- Deep cleans the venue floors including carpets.
- Stocks and maintains proper inventory level.
- Assists in the storage and organization of shipment stock as needed.
- Responds to calls regarding trash, laundry, spills, etc. ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Responds to emergency calls quickly or refers to supervisor as needed.
- Performs minor maintenance checks and repairs on dishwashing machines.
- Assists the chefs and/or Utility Supervisor with banquet events set-up, breakdown and restock of equipment and food while ensuring that food is presented in an appealing and appetizing manner.
- Ensures all health regulations are maintained to prevent food borne illnesses.
- Ensures compliance with and enforces HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and hygiene standards, including cleanliness and sanitation of work area; food areas clean and presentable; and temperature tracking.
- Complies with applicable governmental laws and regulations.
- Follows company and departmental policies and standard operating procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Interacts with peer groups.
- Does not provide supervision to others.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Good verbal, written and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress work environment.
- Must be dependable, timely and have high attention to detail.
- Must be flexible to work different shifts, evenings, and holidays.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Six months of cleaning experience either in restaurant or housekeeping.
Company: Viejas Casino & Resort
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Alpine, CA
Application Deadline: N/A