Website Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Are you looking for a Job at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in Paddington, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
The Commercial Analytics team within Vertex International has evolved from a reporting function to focus on delivering predictive and prescriptive insights that are applied to drive sustainable growth of our business. The team continuously innovates by adding and linking new data sets, automating dashboards for on-demand reporting, producing tools to help optimize and prioritize workload through advanced analytics, and utilizing a test and learn experimentation platform to power the cycle of innovation.
We are seeking a visionary leader in the Commercial Analytics team who shares a passion for patients and the vision and commitment to generate analytical insights that help us serve more patients. The role of Associate Director, Commercial Analytics is to lead data and analytics effort for specific disease area organisations and be a strategic advisor to commercial leadership. This person will be an analytical thought leader and partner to advance our data-driven decision-making capability.
This leader will manage a team of 2-3 employees and contractors, and vendor relationships. The individual reports to the Director of Insights & Analytics, and will be based in Paddington, London.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
Drive breakthrough results through actionable analytics, innovating and evolving our capabilities to address anticipated business needs
- Support and execute the Data-Driven Decision-making capability roadmap for the next 3-5 years in consultation with internal stakeholders and applying cutting edge analytical capabilities
- Communicate clearly and concisely complex analyses to all levels of the organization
- Define and track business KPIs, developing custom metrics to diagnose and prescribe solutions to business challenges, Drive harmonization and integration across the International Commercial teams
- Oversee development of data visualization utilizing BI tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI etc.) to support the creation and enhancement of self-service insights tools
- Manage and support ETL, data integration, and data transfer processes, including identification of opportunities for process automation to drive efficiency
- Drive experimental design and execution (test/control, A/B testing) to positively impact customer engagement and scenario planning
- Ensure data quality within commercial data warehouse and data lake
Partner cross functionally to ensure the broader organization understands performance drivers and priority areas
- Be a standing member of the International Cross-Functional brand teams, elevating strategic insights to drive brand optimization. Provide meaningful and compliant insights on both pre-determined analytical needs and proactively identifying emerging needs and opportunities.
- Permanent member of the newly created International Analytics Hub, a cross-functional team of Analysts to drive data-driven decision making throughout the International organization. Partner with the newly created Regional Insights & Analytics Leads.
- Leverage analytics to make strategic recommendations across customers, channels, content, and initiatives to deliver value in the aligned therapy area business and optimize resourcing
- Collaborate with Marketing, Digital, Commercial Excellence and Data Science team to co-lead projects using advanced analytics, including predictive modeling and machine learning
- Partner with DTE (Data, Technology & Engineering) on data warehouse, data lake, and database infrastructure requirements to support the data needs of the business
Lead the team to exceptional outcomes for Vertex & coaching to support development
- Perform hands-on analysis and insights generation to support/guide team
- Manage and prioritize workload, projects, and ad hoc requests for the Commercial Analytics team, ensuring accountability and execution
- Drive vendor / contractor management to maximize outcomes of these partnerships
- Coach the team to highest levels of performance, and support career development for a team with diverse talents and varying levels of experience
Education And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline, marketing, biotech, operations, or related discipline with extensive years of experience working in data analysis and insights generation
- Previous experience in Biotech/Pharma/Med Device industry
- Strong analytical mind-set; demonstrated analytical approach to understand the impact of the way data and reporting is interpreted and utilized for decision-making
- Digital agility – good understanding of multichannel marketing and market research
- Innovative and flexible approach – thrive to find solutions outside the box
- Deep proficiency in MS Excel (advanced functions and pivot tables) and PowerPoint
- A foundation in statistical concepts incl. regression, significance testing, correlation vs. causation, etc
- Strong understanding of data models, concepts of data warehousing, ETL processes, reporting platforms, and methods of accessing data
- Familiarity with BIeporting tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview, etc.
- Familiarity with statistical software like SAS, R, Python, databases such as Oracle, MySQL, Access, and experience with cloud computing and AWS
- Experience formally leading a team or translatable mentorship/coaching experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-driven environment, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize the workload of the team
- Position is based in London Paddington and travel of 20-30% may be required for country visits and training sessions.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at [email protected].
Company: Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Director
Job Location: Paddington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org