This listing is about Verizon in Bridgeville, PA
About the job
Job # 591982
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What You’ll Be Doing…
As a Princ Eng of Network Real Estate and Regulatory, you will have a key role supporting the small cell real estate team in OPW. You will primarily be responsible for municipal engagement and compliance, growing and managing relationships with internal and external partners, contract negotiation and review, general problem solving, implementation of best practices, and overall program management. A key aspect of this role is building collaborative relationships with our internal key business partners to understand their priorities and challenges, accessing their needs on an ongoing basis, and delivering time and cost saving solutions to enhance the overall success of the network build. This role will effectively manage multiple time-sensitive requests, report out on progress and KPIs, interface with all levels of management, and act as a trusted advisor to engineering leadership to ensure alignment and execution of strategic goals.
- Manages municipal engagement and acts as a point of escalation for any issues identified by the markets.
- Serves as POC for MLA and contractual negotiation and execution.
- Acts as subject matter expert on federal and local regulations in place and able to advise local teams on restrictions or entitlements.
- Participates in all market and program meetings and serves as an advisor to market and program strategy.
- Owns, tracks and reports out on KPIs.
- Contributes to executive presentations and readouts.
- Identifies pre-emptive partner opportunities to streamline future build.
- Creates and implements Best Practices across RE functions, including identifying areas for improvement and incorporating best-in-class and cutting-edge techniques, and designing new approaches and methodologies.
- Supports cross-functional teams by acting as an escalation point and overall strategic coordinator.
- Program managing aspects of the real estate process.
- Stays current with the Wireless Infrastructure and Site Development business trends, and trains the team on these developments.
The role will be hybrid, but must be located out of Ohio or Western Pennsylvania.
You’ll Need To Have
What we’re looking for…
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant real estate, municipal engagement, or contractual negotiation work.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulation in the telecommunications space.
- Experience in data analysis and supplier assessment.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
- A valid Driver’s License.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master’s degree.
- Program management experience in a complex multi-project and multi-geography environment.
- A team first positive attitude – ability to interface and advise peers in a constructive way.
- Self-starter – ability to prioritize and deliver without consistent follow up.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in influencing others.
- Robust analytical skills.
- Experience negotiating large scale, high value contracts.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize conflicting demands.
- Legal experience.
- Pre-existing positive working relationships with Ohio and Pennsylvania municipalities or utility companies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).
Job Family: TEC
Business Unit: GROVH
Job Location: Bridgeville, PA
Application Deadline: N/A