Are you looking for a Job at Verastar in Manchester, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
With over 20 years heritage we’re the UKs largest multi service provider and still growing. We supply almost 200k businesses with their gas, electricity, water, insurance, card payment terminals, mobile, broadband and telecoms services. We’ve won numerous awards over the years and this is because our colleagues and customers are at the heart of everything we do. With offices in Glasgow, Central Manchester, South Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Ipswich, and Nottingham and employing over 1000 people – we’re on a mission to be the one-stop essential services provider to small businesses, making customers lives easy and helping our people succeed.
At Verastar, we don’t just do jobs, we do careers. We’ve got ambitious growth plans, and our people will grow with us. We’ll give you everything you need to develop and succeed. That means things like flexible working, a totally transparent rewards structure, a diverse and inclusive workplace, and the control to drive your own career and shape your own opportunities.
What you’ll do as a People Systems & MI Manager
As the People Systems Manager you will lead the systems and data management service for People Services to perform at optimum capacity and deliver the People Strategy and ensure the processes and technology are maximised to ensure efficiencies and compliance within the Recruitment, People Services and Payroll teams.
You will ensure the integrity and quality of HR data, carrying out quality assurance activity including data audits, identifying, and addressing data quality issues to ensure data integrity standards are identified, communicated, and adhered to effectively.
The remit will cover the HR & Payroll application, Recruitment application, HR governance (data & operational) and HR & Payroll MI. You will cover patch upgrades, system changes and enhancements as well as support, design, build, implement and test the development of any new systems and upgrades to existing systems to ensure smooth running of services.
You will partner closely with our People, Payroll, Finance & IT teams as well as software Vendors for HR, Payroll and Recruitment.
System & Governance
- Design and implement the System strategy for the function to ensure technology usage is maximised
- Design and implement governance & audit strategy and documentation which will meet the requirements of internal and external audits (Access, segregation of duties, data retention etc)
- Ensure all HR & Payroll processes are mapped and catalogued with clear process owners
- Design & implement a Continuous Improvement strategy around HR & payroll processes and systems (including recruitment)
- Support the Head of HR with the design & implementation of the HR service catalogue ensuring technology & automation is enabled
Data & MI
- Design & implement a HR data governance framework with MI catalogue ensuring this complies with all regulatory standards, GDPR and quality policies
- Partner with the wider People & Payroll teams to embed data capability to transform their ability to evaluate impacts and plan appropriate strategies
- Implement SLAs / KPIs for the team and monitor to ensure continuous delivery
- Project manage ad hoc projects as they occur that will drive simplification and standardisation
- Create excellent working relationships across the Verastar colleague community.
What you need to have already done to be right for this role
- Previously set up a HR systems and MI teams
- Delivered business focussed management information
- Demonstrable experience of change management coupled with an ability to ensure approaches are in place to enable governance and control around end-to-end People Services delivery procedures
- Demonstratable experience in working with HR & Payroll teams especially within a Systems, data, and process environment
Skills, Qualifications And Other Requirements
- Previous knowledge of HR, Recruitment and Payroll systems
- IT literate, with knowledge of the effective use of Microsoft (Word, Excel PowerPoint); essential
- Experience working with and configuring HR systems
- Proficient in excel – Pivot tables, vlookups, complex formula
- Strong analytical, communication and organisational skills
- A data driven approach to HR activities looking beyond the surface and initial analysis to seek out the root cause and provide solutions.
- Self-starter, who isn’t afraid to take ownership of work, enjoyed the challenge and is passionate about continuous process improve that enhance Verastar values and service proposition
- Strong service delivery skills with the ability to view differing perspectives across the business. A strong focus on employee experience and delivery is essential.
- Comfortable adapting to change in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment.
In return for your hard work, you’ll get
- Core benefits including pension contributions and life assurance
- Great discounts on 100s of high street and online stores
- 25 days holiday and the option to buy up to 5 days more
- Cycle to work and travel loans for people wanting a greener commute
- Wellbeing support including 24/7 access to a GP, mental health support, get fit programmes and free legal and financial guidance
The important extras
- Amazing on-site facilities, such as free on-site gym, free parking, subsidised café and to top it off an on-site subsided bar for after-work drinks, quiz nights and social events
- Opportunities to get involved in charity fundraising and volunteering days through our giving back movement
- Full time/Permanent contract of 37.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday, No weekends and every bank holiday off
Where to find us
Our newly refurbished HQ is based in the heart of Sale Moor Village next to Sale Water Park. We’re only a stone’s throw away from the M60 and just a short 5-minute walk from the Airport Metro Link line and Sale Town Centre. We also have plenty of free on-site car parking as well as a bike locker if you choose to cycle in.
What Happens Next
If you’re looking for a new challenge with great benefits at an award-winning company, then Verastar is the place for you. To be part of our continued success click ‘Apply’ today to take the next step in your career.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com