This listing is about UPS in La Grange, IL
About the job
Employee will be receiving/organizing supplies and delivering them to internal customers. Employee will be asked to regularly lift up to and exceeding 70lbs on a daily basis. If not already certified, employee will become certified to operate PITO equipment including but not limited to Electronic Riding Pallet Jack, Forklift and PITO Carts. The employee will be actively involved in the unloading of sea containers of new RNC bags that are delivered annually to CACH.
Work Environment: Employee will be working in/out of the elements. Must be able to work in cold/hot weather if necessary.
Required Skills: Good driving skills and can regularly lift up to and exceeding 70lbs.
Additional Skills: Detail oriented and organized.
Interpersonal Skills: Able to communicate with others and have a positive attitude.
Essential Job Functions:
- Bend, stoop, crouch, squat, climb, stand, walk, turn and pivot intermittently during the workday
- Report to work on a regular and timely basis and complete the scheduled workday on a consistent basis
- Ability to work varying shifts, additional hours and/or overtime depending on service needs
- Lift, lower, push, pull, leverage and manipulate equipment and/or packages weighing up to 70 pounds
- Lift packages to heights above the shoulder and lower to foot level as appropriate
- Grasp, reach and maintain control of activities associated with processing packages
- Perform tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, use of a computer or other data scanning device, and filing
- Have a sufficient ability to communicate, through sight, hearing, and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
- Work at elevated heights, in enclosed spaces and on uneven walk surfaces
- Work in an environment with:
- variable temperatures and humidity (climatic conditions)
- exposure to dust, dirt, fuel, fumes, and noise
- outside, inclement weather
- Work cooperatively in a diverse work environment
- Demonstrate cognitive ability to:
- follow directions and routines
- work independently with appropriate judgment
- exhibit spatial awareness
- read words and numbers
- concentrate, memorize, and recall
- identify logical connections and determine sequence of response
- process up to 2-3 steps ahead
- Perform other functions that may be assigned
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/coloreligion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Job Location: La Grange, IL
Application Deadline: N/A