Website University of San Diego
This listing is about University of San Diego in San Diego, CA
About the job
Posting #: 3986
Information Technology Services is a service organization that is integral to the success of the University of San Diego. We succeed only when we meet and exceed the expectations of our customers. We have a passion for excellence and endeavor to set and deliver the highest standards of service, value, integrity, and responsiveness. We celebrate the diversity and power of people, ideas, and cultures. We respect and enrich the academic community in which we operate. We feel a sense of responsibility to lead by examples of creativity, enthusiasm, and loyalty to the University faculty, students, and staff.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanitys urgent challenges.
Provide a full range of services necessary for the operation of USD client computers and peripherals that are maintained by Information Technology Services (ITS), primarily for faculty, administrators, and staff in the assigned school/college. Duties include but are not limited to: deploying, configuring, installing, and securing computer hardware, software, printers, and peripherals. Provide initial orientation on the use of computer hardware and supported applications. Diagnose, repair, and maintain computer hardware, PC & Mac operating systems, software applications, and peripherals. Perform preventative maintenance to ensure data integrity, system security, and reliability. Responsible for the communication, troubleshooting, and technical requirements of the school, departments and clients the technician is assigned to. Perform duties as the technical liaison with the department. Update Help Desk inventory database and tracking system to reflect current request status. Provide documentation for computer inventory and problem resolutions. Work as part of the Desktop Support Services Team to provide secondary PC & Mac support for other areas of campus and ensure customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Configures and installs PC and Mac hardware and software for faculty, administrators, and staff campus wide and at the particular assigned school/college
- Collects all documentation for installed computers
- Collects computer inventory as it relates to physical location for inventory management
- Backs-up and transfers client’s data
- Assists clients in account and user management, system security, and system backups
- Installs proper security patching including anti-virus and anti-spam software
- Provides the initial orientation on the use of supported applications and computer system
- Installs and sets up new or relocated printers and other peripherals
- Makes regular updates to tech support center and inventory database to reflect the current status of requests and devices
- Timely deployment of computers
- Diagnoses, repairs, and maintains various computer devices, network connections, workstation hardware and software
- Performs preventative maintenance and installs upgrades and options on various computer devices, workstation hardware, and software
- Contacts clients on a daily basis, both at the desktop and via email or phone, to discuss specific symptoms of equipment failure, nature of repairs required, and possible solutions to equipment problems
- Contacts vendors for technical support and parts procurement both electronically and by telephone
- Makes regular updates to tech support center to reflect the current status of trouble ticket requests
- Documents problems and solutions for use by other team members.
- Participates in Desktop Support Services and ITS meetings for process and computing support improvement
- Performs additional functions incidental to computer support activities
- Technical documentation on newly supported software and hardware
Other Duties as Assigned
- 3 years of related work experience and a high school degree or an equivalent combination of experience and education or certification.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Windows computers and operating systems.
- A+ Certification.
- Must possess a strong customer-centered philosophy.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited higher-education institution and one year relevant experience
- Proficiency in network communications
- Knowledge and experience with Mac and Linux-based computers and operating systems
Performance Expectations – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A solid understanding of PC compatible hardware
- Experience in diagnosing problems with computer hardware and software with the ability to apply solutions to the problems
- Experience in the installation of desktop systems including proper security patching and anti-virus deployment
- Experience in dealing with anti-virus, anti-spam, wireless communication, and security in the information technology field
- Experience with Networking Internet Protocols, such as TCP/IP
- Strong telecommunications skills including knowledge of both Ethernet and serial interface standards
- A working knowledge of standard applications (ex. word processing, spreadsheets, email, internet browsers, etc.)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Positive attitude and willingness to embrace change
- Team Player, engaged with the management and team members
- Adhering to the polices, protocols and guidelines set by the department
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal, written and listening) since he or she will have daily interaction with faculty, administrators, and staff
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (monitors, printers, scanners, etc.)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- A+ required
- Dell HP or Apple Certification, depending on assignment, must be completed within 3 months of employment.
- N+ preferred
- MCP preferred
- MCDST a plus
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Vacation opportunities may be limited August through September and during semester finals. May be required to work variable hours and overtime, including weekends.
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Special Application Instructions:
Please create an account at our website by following this link:
Incomplete Applications will not be reviewed. A+ is required at a minimum.
Resume And Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: January 26, 2022
Applications close: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://jobs.sandiego.edu/cw/en-us/job/494765/desktop-support-technician-ii
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Company: University of San Diego
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com