This listing is about UnitedHealthcare in Minnetonka, MN
About the job
UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Data Scientist will be responsible for developing and maintaining machine learning models used to identify the population to be served by Complex Health Solutions products, including the Special Needs Initiative and Complex Care Concierge. You will also be responsible for measuring the impact of the products using randomized control trials and propensity matching techniques. You will work closely with the Sr. Data Scientist and key business stakeholders to define, document, and prioritize population identification, value, and analytics needs then execute on the deliverables. This role is aligned with UHC Employer & Individual’s Advocacy team which includes Advocate4Me and Complex Health Solutions products. Our product team serves a variety of purposes, including setting program strategies, implementing new initiatives, and working with cross functional teams to execute and achieve program goals. Our business is constantly changing and evolving to meet the needs of the marketplace, our members, and our internal teams.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Population Identification – Maintain, optimize, and build new machine learning models for multiple products aimed at identifying our most complex members
- Product Value – Measure product impact using results from randomized control trials and propensity matching when no control group exists
- Analytics – Using business knowledge and product understanding, analyze complex member data to provide insights to improve the business. Dig beneath the surface of a problem to ascertain the “Why” in the backend data, uncover the true reasons data patterns and skews may be showing up, and convert those findings into clearly understandable, data-backed recommendations, to influence product design. Uncover data anomalies, discovering business insights and identifying opportunities using statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques
- Analytics Roadmap – Work with Product and Business teams to understand data science and analytics needs and translate into analyses. Own communication between teams around process, status, and results
- Communication – Communicate and present findings, orally and visually in a way that can be easily understood by business counterparts
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (eg, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics) or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in developing analytics using techniques such as machine learning and propensity matching
- 3+ years of experience applying data analysis to solve business problems
- 2+ years of experience communicating analytic results to stakeholders
- Master’s degree in quantitative fields of study
- Experience with health care data
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we’re presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn’t imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you’ll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You’ll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you’ll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. Data Scientist, Remote, Telecommute, WFH, Work From Home, WAH, Work At Home
Job Location: Minnetonka, MN
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org