This listing is about UnitedHealthcare in Cypress, CA
About the job
UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Vice President Sales, Public Sector & Labor with a strong emphasis on Labor position is accountable for achieving the sales targets, focusing on large complex cases. This role is responsible for developing a strategic sales plan based on the assigned goals, which will promote a sustainable qualified sales pipeline leading to membership and revenue growth, and strategic consultant and stakeholder relationships. This is a high level individual contributor sales role.
- Achieve new business sales membership goals on an annual basis, focusing primarily on large, complex cases, substantially in the California market
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and innovation based on knowledge of the market, competitors and solutions
- Drive large case / complex Sales and Business Planning and Membership Forecasting.
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when needed
- Demonstrate solid leadership qualities and organizational skills in directing the efforts of the project team throughout the sales cycle
- Manage consultant and customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Understand and evaluate competitive activity and keep leadership and marketing informed
- Maintain a highly credible professional profile within the industry
- Represent the organization in meetings, seminars, trade shows and networking events
- Provide input to region and national teams for product enhancement and new product development
- Communicate issues, concerns and problems in a solution-oriented manner
- Provide management with timely reporting as required and requested
- Successfully implement a direct prospecting strategy for state
- Work collaboratively with the client management team and nationalegional resources to maximize results
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of sales opportunity information using our sales tracking tools
- Be a positive force and a team leader
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of successful sales and/or sales management experience in Health Insurance
- 5+ years of successful sales experience with large and complex sales procurement processes
- Consistent track record meeting / exceeding Sales Goals
- ASO / Self-Funded Insurance Plans and Sales experience
- Demonstrated success with Pipeline Opportunity Development and Management
- Experience with CRM / Sales Tools and Methodology (i.e., SalesForce)
- Experience with successful Negotiations skills and techniques
- Superior understanding of Managed Care Organizations and related internal structure, business focus / need and decision tree
- Verifiable successful consultative sales experience calling on CEO, COO, CFO, CMO level executives
- Established, existing relationships with key C-suite executives
- Clearly demonstrated strengths in persuasion, oral/written communications, analytical skills and sales production
- History of building and maintaining strong positive business relationships at all decision levels
- Bachelor’s Degree Experience with Public Procurement / Public Sector Sales Process
- Experience working with Unions (particularly Public Sector Unions)
- Experience working with Lobbyists and Governmental Affairs
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we’re presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn’t imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you’ll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You’ll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you’ll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.(sm)
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: VP of Sales, Public Sector, Cincinnati, Ohio, Central Region, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote
Job Location: Cypress, CA
Application Deadline: N/A