Website Unicare Community Health Center
This listing is about Unicare Community Health Center in Ontario, CA
About the job
The Accounting Clerk is responsible to work collaboratively within the finance department. The position requires an individual with an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy. Accounting Clerks can expect to handle communications with vendors, clients, and internal departments, assist with inventory, database, and record maintenance, prepare financial reports, issue checks and making deposits, and generally ensure that the office operations are running smoothly. You should be professional and courteous with strong computer skills and a thorough understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Set up new accounts on a general ledger; reconcile selected general ledger accounts; write journal entries for reclassification of expenses as needed.
- Track company/employee credit card numbers and owners. Process monthly credit card reconciliation for Controller review.
- Prepare monthly budget-to-actual on all grants; be a person of contact for all federal grants and state contacts; be contact person for department inquiries concerning budget and actual expenses.
- Preform accounts reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts as requested.
- Entering debits and credits into software applications and databases accurately
- Assist with budget and audit preparation as assigned.
- Act as back-up to other department positions; assist department by answering phone and directing caller to appropriate person; file requisitions, invoices and purchase orders.
- Write purchase orders and secure approvals and code requisitions as needed.
- Assist in reconciliation and posting of general cash receipts.
- Abiding by all company procedures and accounting principles.
- Responding appropriately to a vendor, client, and internal requests.
- Ensuring Accounting Department runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Ensuring policies are submitted for approval on a timely manner to appropriate committees and updated in the binders and electronic folder with correct approvals and revisions dates in the headers and master index. Coordinates the distribution or communication of policy updates.
- Assist in any other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
- Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain ethical behavior when dealing with sensitive financial information.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Maintain regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and local regulations.
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicate the mission, ethics and goals of the organization.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years work experience in finance.
- Must be highly proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook. Excellent computer skills.
- Efficient in preparing documents, managing data and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills with attention details.
- Strong work ethic to meet changes in responsibilities that will take place daily.
- Capacity to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to research and collaborate with colleagues to effectively present information
- Management skills to interact with staff, Provider, Member and outside agencies.
- Understand and adhere to the confidential requirements of UCHC.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of HIPAA, state and federal regulations and guidelines, policies and procedures, and best practice methods regarding maintenance of health records and health information.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Non-Ionizing Radiation (microwaves, sun)
- Prolonged periods (more than 7 hours) of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Position requires light to moderate work with 15 pounds maximum weight to lift and
- Monday – Friday; 8:30am – 5:30pm. Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
- You may need to travel to other clinic locations occasionally (5% time).
- Able to accommodate a flexible working schedule including mornings, nights, weekends, and occasional holidays
Company: Unicare Community Health Center
Job Location: Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org