Website Transport for London
Are you looking for a Job at Transport for London in London, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Main Location: Romford
Salary: up to £26,000
If successful, you will be responsible for supporting and providing a comprehensive administration service to the Head of Department and other team members as required to ensure that they have the relevant information for meetings, projects and day-to-day activates.
This will include preparing reports, presentations, conducting research and undertaking diary management and team administration duties to a high standard.
- Produce clear and logical high quality PowerPoint presentations and Word reports for internal and external audiences.
- Undertake research on various topics ensuring that information is accurately summarised and further reading and options are highlighted.
- Provide support for successful internal and external events by ensuring they are well organised so that presenters and guests have a positive experience.
- General co-ordination of the running of the office, including diary management, occasional email management and liaising with other departments to ensure the head of department (and on occasion senior managers) have the information required for meetings.
- Undertaking the team’s purchases (by raising purchase requisitions and purchase orders) and invoice approvals to ensure that work is completed within the correct financial period.
- To organise and attend meetings, workshops and conferences where appropriate including facilitating accommodation requests, coordinating audio visual requirements, ensuring meeting speakers are clear on agendas and ensure that attendees receive the agenda and materials in advance.
- Responsible to plan and prioritise work activities as directed by the Head of Department. Accountable for ensuring all tasks are delivered on time and to high quality standards.
- Undertake ad hoc administration duties such as typing up of notes and information produced at workshops.
- A good level of understanding of how a “professional” office works.
- Knowledge of data collection techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of financial information pertaining to management of an office is essential
- Excellent IT skills in PowerPoint, Excel. Word (Microsoft Project and Visio would be highly desirable)
- Proven experience of planning, organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and deal with competing demands.
- Ability to conduct research and summarise information from different and conflicting sources.
- Problem solving and influencing various stakeholders.
- Significant experience of working in an office environment providing secretarial or administrative support to managerial / professional staff (including an individual manager or a team).
- Experience of personal responsibility for managing the support activities in an office.
- Experience of dealing with internal and external business contacts.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to represent the city we serve, which will help us become a more innovative and efficient organisation. Our goal is to make our recruitment as inclusive as possible. We are a disability confident employer who guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets all of the essential criteria. We also use anonymising software that removes identifying information from CVs and cover letters to make the process fair.
Please apply using your CV and a two-page covering letter. Please use Word format and do not include any photographs or images. Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV.
The closing date for applications is 10/05/2022 @ 23:59
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel for you on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
- 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
- Discounted Eurostar travel
Company: Transport for London
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com