This Job listing is about Sevita in Tampa, FL 2022 exclusively on us.q4jobs.com
Florida MENTOR, a member of the Sevita family, provides services for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and medically complex needs.
Training and Development – Training Specialist
Do you want a job that uses your expertise in training and makes a positive difference in the lives of individuals? If you have experience in training development and delivery involving various modalities, join us as a Training Specialist. In this role, you will design, develop, implement, and conduct employee training programs in support of field operations. You’ll use your professional judgment to determine which modalities work best for a given subject.
- Identify training needs and develop and implement training programs to address those needs; conduct regular reviews of program operations to make sure that training programs comply with established standards, licensing requirements, and internal operating practices
- Deliver instruction using multiple modalities such as one-on-one, classroom, teleconferencing, web-based training, and computer-based training
- Determine the most appropriate and effective modality for each subject/area of expertise
- Collaborate with other internal training experts and HR on training program delivery
- Create and assist with implementation of changes to training in adherence to additions/updates of regulations as needed
- Monitor, evaluate, and record training activities and program effectiveness; ensure ongoing feedback of training programs and modify programs as needed
- Participate in team meetings, staff meetings, and program office meetings
- Ensure that the training curriculum for subjects such as CPR, medication administration, and first aid meet local, state, and/or federal training requirements
- May assist manager in the supervision and evaluation of trainer performance and refer trainers to classes for skill development; may facilitate training for Mentors
- Evaluate and assist with the design of training materials such as manuals, handouts, course exercises, and visual aids
- Maintain training materials that are contemporary with licensing requirements, policies, procedures, and accepted medical practices
- Confer with management and staff to identify specific skill/knowledge gaps, training objectives, work situations, and changes in policies and procedures
- Collaborate with management, internal training consultants, and HR to identify additional training needs for new staff as required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of related experience preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills to manage relationships
- A reliable, responsible attitude and a compassionate approach
- A commitment to quality in everything you do
Why Join Us?
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working over 30 hours/week
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- High impact work with meaningful outcomes
- Career development and advancement opportunities across a nationwide network
Come join our amazing team of committed, caring professionals. Apply Today!
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We’ve made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets