Are you looking for a Job at Tractable in London, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
Who are we?
The world’s first computer vision unicorn ($1 Billion valued company) for financial services. Our mission is to use the latest breakthroughs in AI to solve real world problems and improve people’s lives across the world.
We put a car expert in people’s pocket so when you get into an accident, a few photos with your smartphone is all you need to get back to normal faster. This year our AI is also helping families recover faster after their homes have been destroyed by natural disasters. We’ve accelerated accident recovery for over a million households, and helped recycle about as many cars as Tesla put on the road in 2019.
On top of that, we’ve got a best in class working culture focused around autonomy, collaboration, continuous learning, flexible working and more. In fact, we are a Certified ‘Great Place to Work 2021’ and rated 5/5 on Glassdoor due to our enjoyable and vibrant working culture and laser sharp focus on employee well-being.
The Project You Will Be Working On
You will be joining our talented team working on our AI Estimating applications. In this team we build applications for car owners and insurance claim handlers to facilitate the process of submitting a motor insurance claim in the most seamless and AI-driven way possible. Our powerful AI is able to figure out the nature and amount of damage in an accident by visually analysing the submitted photos. It enables full automation of traditionally manual tasks involved in the process of filing claims, and the applications we build in this team enable that capability to be deployed to the real world, acting on claims as they are being processed and inspiring confidence to our users, through great UX and transparency. You will influence the scope and technical direction of the product, especially on matters of how our products and their components are architected / separated.
We work in a lean team comprising a product manager, product designer and developers with different degrees of frontend and backend experience. We continuously learn how to best achieve our mission: we make the best of feedback and experiences brought in by everyone and we look forward to hearing about what you can bring!
You Will Be
- Working in a cross-functional team supporting the design and development of our bleeding edge platform that will serve a vast industry, playing a pivotal role in the future direction of our product
- Working closely with our Product Manager and Product Designer to understand customer needs and be involved in the design of new features
- Owning major projects from inception to delivery
- Being part of a exciting team, working on a product which is still fairly – meaning huge scope and autonomy to drive direction
- Introducing new processes and best practices to the team to help push us forward
- Mentoring more junior members of the team
We rely heavily on the following tools and technologies below (not essential to apply for this role)
- Node.js with Typescript
- React for frontend development
- PostgreSQL for persistent data storage
- Kafka for our asynchronous message queue
- Kubernetes and Docker to schedule and run our services
- Jenkins to run our testing and deployment pipelines
- AWS for our infrastructure
What We’re Looking For…
- Strong ownership and self-drive from the first line of code to the impact on the end user. If you like autonomy and being in the driver’s seat, we would love to have you in our team!
- A strong product mindset- this is crucial for us. You have worked closely with product teams in the past and and have an appetite to understand our customers and their needs. You know exactly why you are building the features you are currently working on and understand the impact / value on the end users.
- Strong architectural skills and ability to discuss the merits and trade-offs of using any particular design approach and technologies
- Demonstrable experience driving best practices across a team and mentoring more junior members
- Strong communication skills to adapt well to our highly collaborative environment
- Competitive salary
- 6 month salary reviews
- Visa sponsorship (if required)
- Pension scheme
- Bupa private healthcare (full coverage)
- Flexible hours & 3 days WFH per week
- Learning and Development budget
- L&D Budget
- Competitive maternity + paternity leave
- Daily office snacks & soft drinks
- Regular company office events such as Games Nights, Movie Nights, Lunch & Learns, Monthly Brunch and more
Voluntary presence in the office until April 2022 minimum due to COVID-19. Ordinarily based in Central London
Stability During COVID-19
We’ve made no furloughs and no redundancies during the pandemic. We’ve been doing well as a business during this period and have hired over 100 people during the pandemic across different areas of the business, with additional roles currently still open. As such, we can offer you a lot of confidence around career stability during this uncertain time.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org