Website Thermo Fisher Scientific
This listing is about Thermo Fisher Scientific in Groesbeck, TX
About the job
Technical Sales Specialist – Cell Culture/Cell Therapy
The Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) for Cell Culture/Cell Therapy is a role within the sales organization of the BioProduction Division having the responsibility for sales across a broad portfolio of products in an assigned territory. Reporting to the U.S. Senior Sales Manager, TSS Cell Culture/Cell Therapy, this role will actively manage funnel opportunities for near-term revenue gains and develop new opportunities to build a strong a pipeline for future growth, while maintaining current business relationships and organic growth. Utilizes sales experience, bioproduction process knowledge, product expertise, market intelligence, and territory management skills to grow sales and profitability. Remotely based in within the designated region, this role will interact with customers through face-to-face meetings, teleconferences, and email communications.
- Hunts for new molecule opportunities within assigned territory, leveraging product portfolio to build a foundation for long term growth
- Drives existing funnel of opportunities to accelerate closure rates
- Develops a territory plan and works independently on daily activities to meet the plan goals
- Utilizes intelligence-based prospecting to identify new potential opportunities
- Prioritizes New Product Introduction (NPI) prospects within territory to maximize adoption rates and revenue return
- Acts on marketing-qualified leads, quickly converting to new opportunities
- Collaborates with and influences Bioproduction Account Managers (BAMs) and Field Application Specialists (FAS) within their district to develop and manage account growth strategies
- Qualifies prospects to justify the time and resource investment
- Owns the Salesforce.com entry process, including management of technical meetings to accurately and thoroughly complete the Product Brief
- Establishes and builds relationships with key decision-makers, identifying the technical buyers
- Initiates product evaluations as part of the sales process, coordinating activities between the BAM and FAS. Responsible for service-related product sampling.
- Identifies GEMBA opportunities and coordinates event activities with the BAM
- Assists all BAMs within assigned territory with sales and account planning efforts to achieve Cell Culture sales goals, including value proposition development across the wide BPD portfolio
- Aids in development of technical solution-matching for complex opportunities
- Reviews all price proposals before submission to the customer, and consults on RFQ submissions
- Assists BAM with negotiation strategy development and execution
- Attends technical collaboration visits to Business Unit manufacturing and R&D sites
- Acts as trusted advisor for key contacts within an account and brings in technical experts as needed to advance the solution process
- Provides post-sales product support, follows up on all product performance complaints or inquiries to ensure resolution
- Consults with key account managers and internal planning stake holders on obtaining customer forecasts for new and existing base business
- Represents Cell Culture at knowledge-based seminars and customer experience workshops
- Maintains and enhances technical knowledge on assigned product lines, company literature, and competitive products
- Keeps abreast of competitive products and supports BAMs to counter customer objectives or preferences for competitor products
- Feeds voice of customer to the Business Unit
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in a life-science related field, such as Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or Engineering
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, savvy using all Microsoft products
- Ability to interface effectively at all levels of an organization
- Shows sound judgment, tact and diplomacy when dealing with internal and external customers
- Able to handle confidential and proprietary information with sensitivity
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude, and perform as a team player
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of sales experience working in a role related to the bioproduction process, but more than 5 years is preferred
- Must possess strong understanding of customer challenges and solution development
- Must demonstrate previous success in a customer-facing role
- Previous experience working with distributor partners is desirable
Travel and Location:
- This position is field-based, with a remote home office location convenient to reach all customers within assigned sales territory
- Expectation of spending 4 workdays in the field devoted to selling, weekly
This position requires Covid-19 vaccination. Requires vaccination status disclosure upon employment.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process. *This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job Location: Groesbeck, TX
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org