Website The Urban Health Collaborative
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about The Urban Health Collaborative in Somerset, NJ
About the job
About The Urban Health Collaborative
The mission of The Urban Health Collaborative (TUHC) is to shift mindsets and help the world believe it can be a better place. We collaboratively work with local, state, and national partners to bridge the gap between healthcare and education, to lessen the burden of health disparities in Urban communities. The Urban Health Collaborative strives to improve the overall health and well-being of all youth and their families living in Urban communities in Central and Northern New Jersey. We help communities learn new skills and teach them how to use them in their daily lives, to better preserve their mental and physical health, to prevent mental illness, chronic disease, comorbidities, and to learn how to better empathize with people in their everyday lives regardless of race, gender, and identity.
- We recently received funding to begin a program called Brother to Brother/Sister to Sister (B2B/S2S), a youth development program which aims to connect youth with mentorship and academic support to our team of Tutor/Mentors. Because we are growing, we are currently seeking qualified candidates to apply to be tutors and/or mentors for our incoming class of brothers and sisters.
- Mentors will have the opportunity to assist high school students in need of academic support. This includes lecturing, assisting in application of the material, as well as clearing up any confusion the students may have. Other responsibilities include creating study plans, setting goals for the students, and tracking student progress.
- The minimum weekly time commitment is 3 – 5 hours, but if students would like to get more involved they will have the opportunity.
- College Student (Junior/Senior or Graduate students)
- Excellent communication skills
- 3.0 overall GPA
- Prior tutoring experience is preferred but not required
- Proficiency in English (Spanish a MAJOR plus)
How to apply
Please fill out the application form:
Company: The Urban Health Collaborative
Vacancy Type: Volunteer
Job Location: Somerset, NJ
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org