Website The Points Guy
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about The Points Guy in United States
About the job
The Points Guy is looking for a savvy travel reporter to join the team. This person will own several beats, which means leveraging industry contacts for scoops and exclusive news; writing larger trends features; and collaborating with others on special reports. The ideal candidate will also have the flexibility to lean into a variety of general travel reporting assignments as needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Write same-day news stories that cover a wide range of travel topics
- Collaborate with editors on the Travel, Aviation, Points & Miles, and Credit Card teams
- Take the pulse of the industry and write stories that answer readers’ most pressing questions about the travel landscape right now
- Leverage a network of industry contacts and executives for scoops and exclusives
What We’re Looking For:
- Deep knowledge of the travel industry with an extensive network of contacts.
- Solid background in news gathering and reporting.
- A flexible team player that can spot news and write the story quickly and accurately.
- Knowledge and background for finding data and news about the travel industry — and who to ask for more details.
- An interest in learning about credit cards, points and miles.
- 5+ years of experience as a reporter preferred.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills, and advanced knowledge of AP Style.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https:/edventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
Company: The Points Guy
Vacancy Type: $60,000/yr – $90,000/yr · Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com