Are you looking for a Job at Tesco in Airdrie, Scotland, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
About The Role
Shift pattern Days From time To time
Thu 09:00:00 14:00:00
Fri 05:30:00 12:00:00
Shift: We have various shift patterns available and will discuss your availability as part of the recruitment process
Customers are at the heart of everything we do.
It takes lots of different people to run a store and this is a job for doers, with plenty of variety. It’s a committed role, full of everyday challenges, but that’s one of the things that makes it so exciting.
Being a colleague in one of our stores means that you will help to serve our shoppers better every day.
You’ll meet great people, learn new things and be part of a specialist, diverse team where everyone is welcome.
Whether you are looking for stability or flexibility to suit your lifestyle, or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.
You will be responsible for
- Serving customers on our checkouts ensuring they receive an easy, seamless and personalised experience
- Delivering department routines
- Manually condensing stock and handling products with care to maintain product quality
- Championing the reduction of food waste
- Following company policies and adhering to health and safety guidelines
- Being knowledgeable about the products and services in my store and helping customers by giving great natural service
- Replenishing products within my store
- At times, you may be required to accept deliveries into the store
- From time to time, we may need you to cover and be responsible for the store. We will provide full training and an additional skills payment is made for the time you complete this responsibility. We will talk to you about these details specifically – this is not a compulsory requirement.
You will need
- A passion for delivering great service, greeting customers with a smile and serving them with pride
- The ability to build rapport with customers, meaning they leave the store having experienced a great shopping trip
- To take the initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers
- Work well within a team and communicate effectively and openly with others
- Build relationships with colleagues to create a team spirit, having fun and celebrating success
- Be at work on time, well presented and ready to be a brand ambassador
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain’s shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn’t changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it’s our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it’s our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging. Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best. Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please visit the following link; https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school
We can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6:15 am or after 9:45 pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles.
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com
Vacancy Type: Temporary · Entry level
Job Location: Airdrie, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org