Website Tempus Unlimited, Inc.
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Tempus Unlimited Inc in Philadelphia, PA
About the job
Summary/Objective: A community based Skills Trainer for our Pennsylvania Self Directed Program. The Skills Trainer will educate participants and their direct care workers on how to successfully enroll and utilize services under the Community HealthChoices Participant-Directed Services Program.
Essential Job Functions
- Accept and outreach to participant within 3 days of referral to determine how the packet will be delivered to the participant: mail, email or in person.
- Provide in-person participant orientation within 15 days of referral
- Train participants and direct care workers the skills needed to enroll and manage this self-directed program.
- Mandated Reporting
- Worker Safety Training
- Independent Living Philosophy
- Assist participant and direct care worker with enrollment.
- CLE enrollment paperwork including CLE Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with DCW enrollment paperwork
- DCW Pre-Service Orientation
- Unique ID
- Background check clearances
- Provide training on EVV and timesheet submission/approval process
- Attend in-service, supervision and staff development meetings when requested by manager.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of program policies and procedures and self-directed regulations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Independent Living philosophy of consumer control.
- Musty report all suspected incidents of fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Track for receipt of required documentation within required timelines:
- Enrollment documentation
- Return all phone calls from participants and DCW within 24 hours.
- Work within policies to complete and submit internal requirements:
- Contact Notes
- TimeForce, Outlook Schedule
- Mileage and Expense Forms
- Follow up on requests for additional skills training by the FMS:
- Non-billing, overbilling
- Major problems requiring skills training
- Participant status updates
- All other duties as assigned by the Skills Trainer Manager
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
All offers of employment made by Tempus Unlimited are contingent upon satisfactory background check results. Pre-employment background checks will be conducted on all candidates that are offered a position at the agency in compliance with program policy as well as state and federal regulations. From time to time, these checks may be conducted on current employees to ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations and contracts.
Equal Employment Opportunity is a fundamental principle at Tempus Unlimited, Inc. where employment from recruiting through the end of employment is based upon professional capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, disability or any other characteristic as established by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- One year experience providing services for persons with disabilities.
- Experience or education in teaching is helpful.
- Knowledge of community resource that participants are involved with.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and writing skills.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office/Outlook and the ability to navigate databases.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred; GED or High School Diploma required.
Travel: Travel is required for this position. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle to travel within assigned service area.
Company: Tempus Unlimited, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA
Application Deadline: N/A