Website Teck Resources Limited
Are you looking for a Job at Teck Resources Limited in Calgary, AB
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Start Date: September 2022
Duration: 8 – 12 months
Application Deadline: May 24, 2022
Why consider Teck Resources Ltd. for your Co-op placement?
Teck hires more than 150 co-op students each year to work at our various Canadian operations. Teck has been named as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers by Mediacorp Canada’s Top Employers program for the past five years and was included in the Forbes World’s Best Employers 2021 list and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2021. In 2021, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the 12th consecutive year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 percent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies.
Innovate with Teck
Digital technologies are redefining our industry and contributing to improvements in every step of the mining process. We improve our efficiency, safety, sustainability and growth by putting smarter ideas to work and crafting advancements in our technology and our practice. At Teck, we embrace new ideas, and employ them. Teck fosters a culture where employees are encouraged to bring ideas forward and implement technologies that can help make us a better company.
Professional benefits of working as a co-op with Teck Resources Ltd:
- Our values guide every decision we make as a company and as individual employees. In everything we do, Teck is led by our values of safety, sustainability, integrity, respect, excellence and courage
- The opportunity to work on exciting projects alongside a team of professionals who are specialists in their respective fields, you will experience a combination of projects in the field as well as in the office
- Competitive salary for our co-ops as well as assistance with travel costs and co-op fees
- Make an impression! Successful co-ops with Teck are given first consideration for professional positions upon graduation
Technical Marketing is responsible for contributing to resource quality characterization efforts, improving the consistency and quality of mine products. This team supports Marketing with evaluation of customer quality and provides an understanding on how mine processing impacts product quality. Training provided in the areas of mine quality planning and carbonization technology.
- Working towards an Undergraduate degree in Process, Chemical, or Mining Engineering, Metallurgy, or Geology
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with a capability to communicate and present complex ideas and technical information to all levels
- Motivated self-starters with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and to build relationships across multi-disciplinary technical teams
- Good trouble shooting, critical thinking, and decision-making abilities
- Strong computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite® package: Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Compile and summarize vessel and train quality
- Prepare weekly quality reports for the Senior Management Team to review
- Update and maintain cargo carbonization database
- Summarize and analyse various coal and coke quality data
- Support other members of the Technical Marketing and Marketing groups with respect to customer service and product quality
- Assist with blending coal components based on 12 week and 18 month production plans
- Investigate changes in coal properties with blends of different components
- Perform other responsibilities as required or as assigned
- Participation in the health and safety programs of Teck to ensure that everyone on site goes home safe and healthy every day
All students will be required to complete pre-employment drug testing prior to commencing work.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we have a variety of flexible schedules that can offer you a work life balance. Teck also offers the chance to live and work in some of the world’s most amazing locations where year-round local attractions and recreational choices are unlimited for the outdoor enthusiast! We have world-class mountain biking, skiing, hiking and fly fishing all at your doorstep.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
Company: Teck Resources Limited
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Calgary, AB
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org