This Job listing For Year 2022 is about TechSoup in United States
About the job
Full-Time, Exempt position – U.S. / Remote
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
TechSoup is seeking a Communications Manager to join our Global Marketing and Communications Team to manage organizational communications and execute strategy in collaboration with senior marketing team leadership. This role requires an excellent communicator with a strong initiative and can-do attitude.
The ideal candidate can produce high-quality communications deliverables, navigate a matrixed environment and manage internal and external resources. Candidates must have stellar writing and storytelling skills, be organized and self-motivated, be able to be highly collaborative in a remote environment and be dedicated to making a difference in the world. This person will manage all aspects of communications — including driving our external event strategy and developing corporate documents such as our annual report — while collaborating with various departments across the organization and around the world.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated global mindset and some experience working at large-scale organizations. For professionals with 5+ years of experience in communications and a proven track record for managing successful campaigns, this is an exciting, fun and rewarding position that offers many opportunities for growth while making a great deal of impact in the nonprofit sector and the communities it serves.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead communications and storytelling campaigns aligned with organizational goals. Collaborate with internal business owners, partners, and external audiences.
- Work closely with stakeholders from various TechSoup offices around the world as well as the partners of the TechSoup Global Network to ensure consistent branding, messaging, and engaging content.
- Execute an outreach strategy aimed at NGOs not currently in the TechSoup database
- Work closely with the design and content production team to
- Create internal- and external-facing communications-related collateral
- Maintain and develop creative assets that can be published externally using a digital asset management tool
- Ensure that TechSoup’s presence on external touchpoints is outstanding and up to date
- Oversee TechSoup’s corporate websites and maintain impact metrics on regional websites, manage “About Us” presentations, and other collateral materials including but not limited to:
- Digital presence of the executive team
- Collateral (including PowerPoints and one-sheets) and sites targeting nonprofits interested in TechSoup’s offers
- New Hire Orientation materials
- Monitor external media coverage and compile mentions/clips, maintaining the TechSoup media listings using media database
- Manage, produce, and edit TechSoup’s Annual Report, featured online (see 2021’s report here):
- Execute and deliver on TechSoup’s corporate event strategy: organizing and managing conference and trade show presence and sponsorships, research and recommendations, presentation and speaker support, collateral, and swag.
- Oversee external events and trade shows (including virtual/hybrid events), and keep the global events calendar up to date.
- This includes identifying TechSoup employees for speaking roles and assisting in the development and preparation of the presentation materials
- Create ROIs for conferences and determining appropriate KPIs for corporate outreach
- Work closely with TechSoup subject matter experts, and executives to develop event content
- Manage external relationships with member and industry organizations to leverage cross-promotional and sharing opportunities
- Speaker pitching, presentation support
- Develop a roster of internal TechSoup experts to address topics focused on nonprofits and technology
- Maintain and track multiple organization-wide quarterly impact metrics
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Marketing Communications, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility — nonprofit/nonprofit tech experience a plus
- Superior written and verbal communication, management, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience developing successful executive-level presentations
- The ability to motivate and inspire others, and to assume accountability for actions and outcomes.
- Experience working with international/diverse stakeholders and/or audiences
- Experience driving and managing multiple projects simultaneously and successfully.
- A positive attitude and passion for the nonprofit sector
- Experience managing outside vendors and agencies, a plus
- Experience with nonprofit environments preferable, and nonprofit tech a bonus
- Excellent Proficiency in: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Workplace, content management systems, and project management tools
- Knowledge of thought leadership topics in the sector specifically nonprofit capacity-building, technology philanthropy/CSR and digital inclusion preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator and basic design skills preferred
- Experience with international development is another plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com