Website Tandem Diabetes Care
This listing is about Tandem Diabetes Care in San Diego, CA
About the job
Grow With Us
“In Tandem” means together, and we strive to embody that in every aspect of our business. Whether your office-based or fully remote, grow with us as we work towards our mission of making the lives of people with diabetes better and better through relentless innovation.
Diabetes Is All We Do
At Tandem, Diabetes is all we do. We are the makers of the only color, touch-screen insulin pump that is capable of remote feature updates and compatibility with continuous glucose monitoring. Read more about our company and check out our latest product features and capabilities here: t:slim X2™ Insulin Pump with Control-IQ™ Technology
In addition to innovative technology, we have a culture that fosters the idea that the happiest people are the most productive people. We treat our fellow employees like friends and family, and the company like our own home. This universal respect allows us the freedom to be ourselves and to be effective at our jobs, knowing at the end of the day that we can trust everyone to do the right thing, for each other and for the company. You can learn more about our culture and life at tandem here: https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers/life-at-tandem and See what our customers are saying here: #tsliminthewild
a Day In The Life
A team member contributing to the design, troubleshooting, documentation, testing and debugging of software for the Company’s mobile application – t:simulator. The incumbent will lead development and maintenance of cross platform applications. The developer will lead the entire application lifecycle right from concept stage until delivery and post launch support.
You’re Awesome At
- Develop and maintain cross platform mobile applications for Android.
- Partners with the software embedded team.
- Works with the User Experience designers to build the interface with a focus on usability features.
- Delivers across the entire app life cycle – concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to application stores and support.
- Optimizes performance for the applications, provide on-going testing of updates from Apple and Google.
- Develops, modifies, and tests mobile applications per corporate software process documents.
- Contributes to software design specifications, interface descriptions, and other software documentations.
- Contributes to software validation (write, dry run & review) & verification protocols.
- Participates in formal test execution.
- Develops unit tests.
- Performs software integration.
- Supports software testing with utility software.
- Embraces the Design Control process by participating in design reviews and maintaining design history files.
- Confirms completion of required training plan before assuming job responsibilities.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, including Privacy/HIPAA, and other legal and regulatory requirements.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Proficient with formal software test methodologies.
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills.
- Experience using social media APIs and version control (e.g. GIT).
- Proficient knowledge of at least one cloud-based programming language, preferably Kotlin.
- Previous experience with HTML5, CSS, Java Script, as well as both Agile and SCRUM development processes.
- Able to work independently and deliver high quality work product with minimal supervision.
- Able to effectively convey information related to work product and lead group discussions.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to alter behavior and opinions in light of new information.
- Able to assert own ideas and persuade others through effectively consolidating, evaluating, and presenting relevant information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences or related field or equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience.
- Experience in Kotlin programming languages preferred.
- 2 years experience in the field of mobile application for medical devices, web application software or in a related area.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
At Tandem, Our employees are just as important as our customers! Not only do we hire the best, we reward, develop and retain them too. At Tandem we offer competitive compensation packages, superb medical, dental and vision, a discounted stock purchasing plan, fitness discounts, generous PTO, casual work attire and more! For a full list of benefits please review our perks page at https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers/benefits.
BE YOU, WITH US!
We’re always looking for awesome, forward-thinking achievers to join our workforce. We are committed to making sure our company fully reflects the diverse consumers who use our product. We are making strides towards this goal and are firmly committed to being an equal opportunity employer and maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
We love a good referral! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this position, please share!
If you are applying for this job and live in California, please read Tandem’s CCPA Notice:
Company: Tandem Diabetes Care
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org