Website Sun Chemical
This listing is about Sun Chemical in Cincinnati, OH
About the job
Cost Center: 116200
Category: Human Resources
Position Type: FT Sal/WhCo OT
About the Organization
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC Group, is a leading producer of packaging and graphic solutions, color and display technologies, functional products, electronic materials, and products for the automotive and healthcare industries. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical is continuously working to promote and develop sustainable solutions to exceed customer expectations and better the world around us. With combined annual sales of more than $8.5 billion and 22,000+ employees worldwide, the DIC Group companies support a diverse collection of global customers.
Sun Chemical Corporation is a subsidiary of Sun Chemical Group Coperatief U.A., the Netherlands, and is headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, U.S.A. For more information, please visit our website at www.sunchemical.com or connect with us on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Under the direction of the Field HR Manager, provides administrative and tactical support for Human Resource initiatives. This position will support the Field HR Manager in Cincinnati and will focus mainly on administrative functions related to talent acquisition, employee relations, labor relations, coordination of benefits, coordination of employee leave of absence and answering general employee questions. In the future, the position may support additional sites.
- Responsible for the creation and approval of requisitions in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Answers questions or issues related to job requisitions in the ATS, creates training documents, generates reports, processes candidates in a timely fashion and updates the system accordingly.
- Responsible for sending correspondence to candidates and hiring managers, setting up interviews and conducting phone interviews for select positions to assist in the vetting process.
- Completes I-9 Forms, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Responsible for entering new employee data into the HR systems of records, and general employee onboarding including orientation and paperwork.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Generates new hire paperwork once an offer has been approved, creates a personnel folder for the new hire, and in the future will work with HRIS team to digitize personnel files.
- Supports the administration of health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Executes transactions relating to personnel changes and organizational restructuring.
- Exercises individual judgment while dealing with potential or real personnel or employee relations issues and understands when to escalate to manager’s attention.
- Develops and communicates notifications to employees as required.
- Manages sensitive and confidential matters like personnel relations, employee relations, and organizational changes, planning and protecting the security of information, data and files.
Records and maintains, in an up-to-date condition, hourly and salaried personnel files for locations.
- Maintains EEO records and Applicant Flow Log.
- Acts as a back up to the other HR Assistants and will perform various miscellaneous clerical, administrative and support activities and duties including filing, answering phone and screening incoming calls, processing invoices for payment, putting new hire packets together, and other duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a Human Resources Department with a focus in manufacturing or operations.
- Knowledge of basic Employment Law (i.e., FMLA, ADA, etc.).
- Proficient with latest office technology systems such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP SuccessFactors or other modern HRIS platforms, including automated time & absence management and integrated time clocks.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest and involvement in the human resources/people services function.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate in a high stress, fast-paced environment and still be able to deliver results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- College coursework or degree
- Experience with SAP
- Presentation skills
- Full-Time, Non-Exempt
- First (1st) Shift: M-F
- Location: Spring Grove, OH
Background and Drug Screen are mandatory if an offer is made.
It is Sun’s policy that applicants for employment are recruited, selected, and hired on the basis of individual merit and ability with respect to the position being filled. Sun prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Company: Sun Chemical
Job Location: Cincinnati, OH
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org