This Job listing is about USDA in St Louis, MO 2022 exclusively on q4jobs.com
Help Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
- Accepted for or currently enrolled in a qualified educational institution.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Satisfactory Background investigation and/or fingerprint check. If selected you may be subject to a National Agency Check and Inquiry (NACI) and a credit report inquiry.
- Selectee must have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- Service in the Pathways Program confers no right to further employment in either the competitive or excepted service.
- All USDA Student Interns must be at least 18 years of age at the time of their appointment.
- A signed participant agreement is required for employment under Pathways. Form will be provided upon selection before entry-on-duty date is set.
- All requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement. This includes responses to all eligibility assessment and occupational questionnaires, along with submission of your resume and all supporting documentation.
- Must meet Pathways Program requirements. Follow link to the Pathways Handbook (https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/students-recent-graduateseference-materials/pathways-programs-handbook.pdf).
- Must provide transcripts that support the qualifications. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application package. Official transcripts will be required if selected.
- Must be in good academic standing as defined by the educational institution.
- Travel to/from the official duty station and housing expenses, will be at the student’s expense.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- Students will be expected to work a minimum of 20 hours per week while attending school. Some weekend/holiday hours may be expected. Hours will need to be performed at the duty station identified above with no exceptions.
To qualify for this position, you must meet BOTH the Pathway Internship Eligibility requirements as well as the minimum Qualifications for the position:
To Be Eligible For An Appointment Under The Internship Program You Must Meet The Following Requirement: Student applicants must be accepted for enrollment or enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) in a qualifying educational institution, on a full or half-time basis as defined by the institution in which the student is enrolled. Student Trainees must be in good academic standing, as defined by the institution they are attending. Generally at least a 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) for undergraduate programs (cumulative; no rounding) and a 3.0 GPA for advanced degree programs. Individuals must meet the definition of a student throughout the duration of their Internship appointment.
(*NOTE: Certificate Program: This term is defined, in 5 CFR 362.102, and means postsecondary education in a qualifying educational institution equivalent to at least 1 academic year of full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum.)
To Qualify At The GS-04 Grade Level: Successful completion of2 full academic years of post-high school study or an associate’s degree.
If you are a student veteran, complete the questionnaire and submit documentation: DD-214, VA Letter, SF-15 if claiming 10-point Veterans’ preference or DD-214 if claiming 5-point preference or VEOA eligibility (separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service).
PROGRAM COMPLETION: This is an indefinite appointment. Upon successful completion of the program and at the agency’s discretion, the appointee may be non-competitively converted to a term or career or career-conditional appointment, upon conversion this position has a full performance level of GS-12 depending on available vacancies. The anticipated position may change based on the needs of the organization. Interns must qualify and meet the individual occupational requirements for the position. Service in the Pathways Program confers no right to further employment in either the competitive or excepted service. An agency wishing to convert a student must therefore execute the required action to do so within 120 days of successful completion of the degree and program requirements.
CONVERSION FROM STUDENT TRAINEE: Prior to conversion to a term or career or career conditional appointment, Student Trainees must satisfactorily complete all training, program, and educational requirements.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Successfully complete academic course of study.
- Complete a minimum of 640 hours of work experience under the Internship Program.
- Complete 40 hours of mandatory AgLearn Training.
- Meet the OPM Qualification Standard for the position the Intern may be converted to.
- 0403 Microbiologist (target grade GS-12)
- Maintain acceptable performance under the agency’s approved performance management system.
- Receive favorable recommendation for conversion from supervisor.
Using Education To Qualify: To use your education as a basis for meeting the Minimum Qualification Requirements (MQR) for this position, you MUST submit academic transcripts demonstrating that you meet the qualifying educational requirements. If specific course work is required to fulfill the MQR, you must supply transcripts from each academic institution in which the required courses were taken to receive credit for that course work. See the “Qualifications” section of this announcement for more details.
COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS: You MUST submit a copy of your college transcripts:
- Your Field of Study
- School Name
- Current GPA or Academic Standing
- Past and Current Course Work
- Degree Program
- Student’s Name
An unofficial copy is sufficient with the application; however, if selected, an official college transcript will be required prior to entering on duty.
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, candidates are to ensure these requirements are met. If you do not submit sufficient academic documentation demonstrating that you meet the eligibility and MQR for this position, your application will be deemed incomplete & any applicant falsely claiming an academic degree from an accredited school will be subject to actions ranging from disqualification from federal employment to removal from federal service. Visit here for a database of accredited postsecondary institutions and programs.
If your education was completed at a foreign college or university, you must show comparability to education received in accredited educational institutions in the United States and comparability to applicable minimum course work requirements for this position. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click Evaluation of Foreign Education for more information or you will be ineligible for further consideration.
If you are selected, you may need to complete a Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) prior to being appointed to determine suitability for federal employment and to authorize a background investigation.
False statements or responses on a resume or application can jeopardize employment and may be grounds for disciplinary action, including removal from federal service.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact: USDA’s TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TDD).
It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. See more information at: CHCO Council.
Please click Veterans Policy for further information about veteran specific hiring options.
Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you will be placed under a career development plan, and may be non-competitively promoted if you successfully complete the requirements and if recommended by management. However, promotion is neither implied nor guaranteed.
- Help Help A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new window Learn more about federal benefits .
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
|St Louis, MO