Website State of Delaware
This listing is about State of Delaware in New Castle, DE
About the job
Make a Difference with DHSS
Our mission at the Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) is to improve the quality of life of Delaware citizens by promoting health and well-being, fostering self-sufficiency, and protecting vulnerable populations. We prioritize personal and family independence by assisting individuals and families in a variety of life areas.
We offer numerous career opportunities and are dedicated to attracting and retaining highly talented individuals who are ready to make a difference in their community today. DHSS is a great place to kick-start your profession.
For more information, please visit https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/ today!
The incumbent will support high volume financial operations in the DHSS Administration Unit. Responsibilities include: monitoring and tracking budgets and expenditures; processing vendor payments; daily deposits; inter-governmental vouchers/purchase orders; and performs credit card reconciliations. The incumbent may be required to develop cost projections from historical data and make recommendations for future spending. The incumbent may assign and review the work of accounting support staff.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Analyzes, reconciles and consolidates vouchers, records, journals, ledgers and statements.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with budgetary recommendations.
- Reviews financial transactions and codes for conformance to standard procedures and accounts.
- Compiles, analyzes and prepares a variety of statements and reports for state, special, private or federal funded programs for use in financial, budget and personnel planning.
- Develops cost projections based on past records and anticipated activities and makes fiscally sound recommendations.
- Applies standardized accounting principles and practices.
- Reviews internal accounting policies and procedures and makes recommendations for revisions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Accountant
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Business Management, Computer Information Systems or related field.
- Six months experience in accounting using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Six months experience compiling, analyzing and interpreting financial data to ensure effective and efficient accounting of funds or to make projections for financial planning.
- Six months experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Six months experience in using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
- Knowledge of creating financial reports which includes combining and presenting financial data from multiple sources in an organized format.
Additional Posting Information
As a condition of employment, all employees must certify that they are fully COVID-19 vaccinated; or be required to test for COVID-19 on a weekly basis; or request an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination(s) due to qualified ADA or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices. New Hires must complete the certification or request during their initial week of employment. This will be in effect until further notice. More information can be found here .
Due to a new requirement from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) the following mandate is effective January 27, 2022: As a condition of employment, employees providing health care services and/or support services in covered facilities must show proof that they have received the dose of a single J&J dose or the 1st dose of Moderna/Pfizer two-dose vaccine effective date January 27, 2022, and proof of the single J&J dose or the 2nd dose of Moderna/Pfizer two-dose vaccine by February. 28, 2022. Employees may not provide any care, treatment, or other services until proof is provided. Based on CMS guidance, the date for compliance may extend into March due to the health care facilities high vaccination rate of staff. If you accept a position with the facility, your Human Resources representative can provide more guidance. The only exception to these requirements is for those employees granted medical or religious exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccine as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which may require weekly COVID-19 testing. This will be in effect until further notice. More information can be found here .
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our Job Seeker Resources .
DHSS does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at Delaware State Jobs .
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Company: State of Delaware
Job Location: New Castle, DE
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com