Website State of Colorado
This listing is about State of Colorado in Denver, CO
About the job
Please note: This recruitment may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
This position is open only to Colorado state residents.
Review New COVID Compliance in the Conditions of Employment – Effective September
If your goal is to build a career that makes a difference, consider joining the dedicated people of the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS). Our professionals strive to design and deliver high quality human and health services that improve the safety, independence, and well-being of the people of Colorado. In addition to a great location and rewarding and meaningful work, we offer excellent benefits:
Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement benefits including a PERA Defined Benefit Plan or PERA Defined Contribution Plan www.copera.orgplus 401(k) and 457 plans
- Medical and dental health plans
- Employer supplemented Health Savings Account
- Paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- 10 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- BenefitHub state employee discount program
- Employee Wellness program MotivateMe
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training and more
- Some positions may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. For more information, go to https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dhr/student-loan-forgiveness-programs
Our Culture & Environment
- We believe in a people-first approach: To serve the people of Colorado, we develop a culture and work environment that creates an energized, inspired, and healthy team capable of giving their best to Coloradans.
- Balance creates quality of life: We want our team to be resilient through a supportive workplace that values flexibility, health and wellness, and employee engagement.
- We hold ourselves accountable: We take responsibility through our actions, programs, and results for the state of health and human services in Colorado.
- Transparency matters: We are open and honest with employees, our partners, the Coloradans we serve, and the public.
- We are ethical: We abide by what is best for those we serve by doing what is right, not what is easy.
- Collaboration helps us rise together: We work together with all partners, employees, and clients to achieve the best outcomes for Coloradans.
We are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff and providing culturally responsive programs and services. Therefore, we encourage responses from people of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
Colorado Mental Health Institute at Fort Logan (CMHIFL) actively seeks to bring together individuals with diverse cultures, thoughts, ideas and backgrounds so that the work environment is diverse and inclusive.
About Fort Logan
This position is located at the Colorado Mental Health Institute at Fort Logan (CMHIFL). CMHIFL is a 94 bed psychiatric facility located in Denver that is dedicated to meeting the needs of the community by providing mental health treatment to adult clients in the metro area. The mission of CMHIFL is to provide the highest quality mental health services to persons with complex, serious and persistent mental illness within the resources available.
Psychiatric treatment units exists to provide safe, effective, appropriate and continually improving nursing care to a patient group that is the responsibility of the hospital. Ft. Logan specializes in using strength-based, recovery-oriented care enabling patients to learn more effective coping and living skills in order to function more effectively in the community upon discharge from the hospital. The unit employs multiple approaches to psychiatric care and treatment including milieu management, dialectic behavior therapy, group psychotherapy, activity therapy, and patient education as well as medication management. Description of Job
Opt in below to receive text message updates on CDHS recruiting events!
About This Work Unit
The Admissions Office at CMHIFL is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. The office facilitates and coordinates all admissions to CMHIFL from the community mental health centers, courts, department of youth corrections, Regional Accountable Entities, and other facilities throughout the state of Colorado. The Admissions department screens referrals with minimal delay, creates a pre-assessment for clinical staff, which provides demographic, historical, legal and clinical information, completes the intake with patients, reviews patient rights in accordance with C.R.S. 27-65, HIPAA disclosures, Institutional Disclosure, Social Security rights, and privacy practices. The admissions office is responsible for creating the patient Electronic Health Record, Medical Record Number, patient identification photograph, wristbands, and patient labels. and assists with those persons calling in or walking into the hospital seeking admission for themselves or others, and directs them to the appropriate resources in the community.
This position is responsible for providing assessing collateral information, regarding patients referred for service at CMHIFL and ensuring the patients referred meet C.R.S 27-65 criteria by reviewing behavioral information. Additionally this position is responsible for collecting an disseminating medical information to the medical clinic physicians in order to complete medical clearance, which requires a particular knowledge of medical information and the medical capabilities of CMHIFL. The following is a list of additional knowledge and duties held by this position.
- Responsible for reaching out to external stakeholders in order to obtain as much information as possible regarding patients referred or ordered to CMHIFL.
- Works independently using professional clinical skills, knowledge and experience to review and summarize the information into pre-assessment.
- Reviews with medical physicians, and at times with other department heads.
- Determines clinical acuity and ensues patient referrals meet medical necessity criteria and medically appropriate for treatment at CMHIFL.
- Requires knowledge and experience working on an inpatient psychiatric setting, and an understanding of the various processes of a treatment plan.
- Must be familiar with emergency situations that can occur on a inpatient unit and is able to work on a treatment unit should the need arise.
- Requires to complete multiple referrals and admissions simultaneously and ensure information does not get incorrectly disseminated or entered into the system incorrectly.
- Create records, navigating the EHR, and ensuring all relevant information provided is translated to the EHR.
- Requires the use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Email and other electronic software systems to track information and collect data.
- Coordinates walk-ins and external calls requesting services. This position will be the main point of contact for those seeking services.
- This position is responsible for distributing referrals and assignments to the rest of the department.
- This position is responsible for filling in when the Department Director is out of the office.
- This position is a day-shift beginning at 7:30am.
- Knowledge of an experience working with insurance companies both within Colorado nationwide.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
We may fill multiple vacancies from this posting
Experience: Two (2) year full time professional experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Bachelor’s degree in a field of study related to the work assignment.
Part-time Experience Will Be Pro-rated.
This experience must be clearly documented on your application.
Professional work experience that focuses on the specific experience described above, demonstrating the competencies equivalent to the competencies learned through completion of the required education may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis.
Additional appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- 1+ years Knowledge and Experience as Mental Health Care Clinician in a psychiatric institution.
- Experience working with Colorado Mental Health Centers and Colorado Medicaid
- Licensure or pre-licensure as a RN, BSN, LPC, LMFT, MSW, LCSW, LSW or other master’s level education from an accredited institution.
Highly Desirable Competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and quickly assess and summarize large amounts of information
- Experience working with court systems and knowledge of/experience with forensic populations.
Conditions Of Employment
- Full Background – Name check, TRAILS and Fingerprinting
- Pre-employment Physical/Test
- Shift Work – Explain: may work days, evenings or nights
- Essential Services Designation – Required to report without delay or interruption to provide essential or emergency services to ensure health, safety, and welfare
- Colorado Driver’s License
- Former State employees who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on the application and provide an explanation why the prior termination or resignation should not disqualify the applicant from the current position. Absent extraordinary circumstances, prior disciplinary termination or resignation in lieu of termination will disqualify the applicant from future State employment with CDHS.
- Effective September 20, 2021, this position will require documented proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. New employees will be required to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination within thirty (30) business days of hire.
Religious and medical exemptions and reasonable accommodation shall be addressed as required by law pursuant to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s vaccination guidance. If you would like to request a medical or religious exemption, please contact [email protected]
Note: Fully Vaccinated means two (2) weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series of the COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two (2) weeks after the single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, as defined by the most recent State of Colorado’s Public Health Order and current guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for this position, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board or request a review by the State Personnel Director.
An appeal or review must be submitted on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative. This form must be delivered to the State Personnel Board by email ([email protected]), postmarked in US Mail or hand delivered (1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver CO 80203), or faxed (303.866.5038) within ten (10) calendar days from your receipt of notice or acknowledgement of the department’s action.
For more information about the appeals process, the official appeal form, and how to deliver it to the State Personnel Board; go to spb.colorado.gov; contact the State Personnel Board for assistance at (303) 866-3300; or refer to 4 Colorado Code of Regulations (CCR) 801-1, State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures, Chapter 8, Resolution of Appeals and Disputes, at spb.colorado.gov under Rules. .
How To Apply (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
Applicants are required to attach a cover letter and resume to their application. Applications without a cover letter and resume will not be considered.
Please note that ONLY your State of Colorado job application will be reviewed during the initial screening; if you submit a resume and cover letter, they will be reviewed in later stages of the selection process. Therefore, it is paramount that you clearly describe all of your relevant experience on the application itself. Applications left blank or marked “SEE RESUME” will not be considered.
Your application will be reviewed against the minimum qualifications for the position. If your application demonstrates that you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be invited to the comparative analysis process, which is described below.
Note: Current and former employees (transfers, voluntary demotions and reinstatements) are required to apply and participate in the comparative analysis process.
Former State employees who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on the application and provide an explanation why the prior termination or resignation should not disqualify the applicant from the current position. Absent extraordinary circumstances, prior disciplinary termination or resignation in lieu of termination will disqualify the applicant from future State employment with CDHS. Supplemental Information
Comparative Analysis Process
The Assessment Process
Colorado Revised Statutes require that state employees are hired and promoted through a comparative analysis. The comparative analysis for this position will include a review of your application material and your responses to any supplemental questions. Applications and responses will be reviewed by a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to assess and rank applicants in order to establish an eligible list for referral to the hiring manager for final consideration.
Be sure the “Work Experience” section of your application is complete and specifically addresses your qualifications, experience, and accomplishments as they relate to the Description of the Job, Minimum Qualifications, Required Competencies and Preferred Qualifications as listed above. Resumes and “see resume” statements will not be accepted in lieu of the “Work Experience” section of the application. Failure to include adequate information or follow instructions by the closing date may result in your application not being accepted and/or may affect your score, rank or inclusion in the final pool of eligible applicants.
If you have transcripts, a license or other relevant documentation regarding your qualifications, upload and attach copies to your application.
Note: Transfers, voluntary demotions and reinstatements are required to apply and participate in the selection process.
If you have recruitment questions about this position please contact [email protected]
“The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment Guidelines for EDI Compliance for Job Announcements in CO-Jobs Prepared by: Department of Personnel & Administration Division of Human Resources, Consulting Services Page 1 of 3 January 29, 2020 opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
CDHS is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our ADAAA Coordinator, Nancy Schmelzer, at [email protected] or call 1-800-929-0791
Company: State of Colorado
Job Location: Denver, CO
Application Deadline: N/A