Website ST Engineering - Middle River Aerostructure Systems
This listing is about ST Engineering Middle River Aerostructure Systems in Baltimore, MD
About the job
Middle River Aerostructure Systems (MRAS) is a world-leading manufacturer of commercial aerostructures and nacelle systems. These include thrust reversers (the braking system on a jet engine), engine nacelle components and specialized aerostructures. It supplies and supports these products for engine makers, airplane manufacturers and aircraft operators. Located on Maryland’s Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore, MRAS has a 1.7-million sq. ft. facility situated on 180 acres – where the company and its predecessors have designed, built and equipped civil and military aircraft for over 90 years. In 2019, MRAS was acquired by VT Systems, the U.S. affiliate of Singapore-based ST Engineering – becoming a part of its global network of aerospace facilities and offices. With the ownership change, the company was renamed Middle River Aerostructure Systems.
Coordinate and expedite the flow of materials (from suppliers and also within departments) according to production schedules. Plan and schedule material/production needs. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
· Drives the conversion of planned orders to process and production.
· Controls production priorities and assists with resource planning.
· Maintains status reports of production parts and assemblies showing part identification, quantities, Master Production Schedule (MPS) start and completion dates.
· Executes capacity requirements planning to maximize machine utilization and establishes machine priorities.
· Partners with Planning, Manufacturing, Engineering, Procurement, Tooling, and Quality Control to facilitate the manufacture and flow of product.
· Drive Continuous Improvement Initiatives to support business Key Process Indicators (KPI’s).
· Facilitates meetings to review schedule status, highlighting potential risk in meeting delivery requirements and suggesting appropriate corrective measures.
· Maintains status of raw materials and material shelf-life requirements.
· Manages shop consumable materials in support of manufacturing operations.
· Instructs subordinate personnel on the movement of product throughout the facility
· Optimizes inventory position (both WIP and finished goods)
Maintains FIFO management, when necessary, to reduce and control aged WIP
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, i.e Supply Chain, Business, etc. Any related work experience or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved is a plus.
· Knowledge of computer software including spreadsheet and database applications. Proficiency in Excel is a requirement.
· Knowledge of shop floor control software, its implementation, and material planning.
· Knowledge of data management systems and processes.
· Knowledge of research and statistical analysis.
· Skill in both verbal and written communication.
· Skill in organizing, planning, analyzing, and coordinating.
· Skill in effective problem resolution and decision making.
· Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
Skill in interpreting manufacturing build plans to understand the flow of product.
MRAS is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.
Company: ST Engineering – Middle River Aerostructure Systems
Job Location: Baltimore, MD
Application Deadline: N/A