Website Smithfield Foods
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Smithfield Foods in North East, MD
About the job
Sanitation employees will clean and maintain warehouse aisles, product slots, and will also assist in general cleaning of the distribution center.
This position is for night shift, 6pm to 6am, 3 1/2 days per week.
- Clean and maintain warehouse aisles and product slots
- Clean spills including damaged product, oil, grease, broken glass, etc. May require use of sawdust, brooms, mops, or shovels
- Remove product from slots with the use of a pallet jack, clean slot with cleaning supplies and an electric scrubber, and replace product
- Occasionally pull product out of the slot with a pallet jack and cleaning behind it with the proper supplies and a scrubber
- Collecting and baling plastic wrap throughout your shift
- May clean and maintain facility through use of disinfecting products
- Other duties as assigned
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Work experience in a sanitation or similar role in a distribution environment is preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions and labels.
- Must be able to work effectively independently.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
You will be constantly standing, walking, riding, carrying, twisting, bending, balancing, seeing, hearing, and handling paperwork. You will regularly be pushing or lifting objects weighing from less than 20 lbs. up to 60 lbs.
Careers And Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits .
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn’t just a job – it’s the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That’s why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 43,000 U.S. team members and 16,000 European employees are dedicated to producing “Good food. Responsibly. ® ” and have made us one of the world’s leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield ® , Eckrich ® and Nathan’s Famous ® , among many others. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com , and connect with us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn and Instagram .
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
Company: Smithfield Foods
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: North East, MD
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com