Website Smithfield Foods
This listing is about Smithfield Foods in Bolingbrook, IL
About the job
Headquartered in Smithfield, VA. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. team members and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing “Good food. Responsibly.®” and have made us one of the world’s leading vertically integrated protein companies . We’re looking for motivated people who want to join our team and grow lasting and meaningful careers with us.
Current opportunities include positions in General Production and Machine Operators.
Our team members receive industry-leading wages and are eligible for great benefits packages:
- Material Handler – $17.50/ Hour Starting Pay
- Shift Differential Pay:
- 2nd: $18.50/ Hour
- 3rd: $18.75/ Hour
- $3,000 Welcome Bonus*
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, Retirement Benefits and More
- must meet program eligibility for payout.
In addition, we offer opportunities for career growth, professional development, and tuition assistance.
Upon successful completion your first 90-days of employment with us, you’ll be eligible to select either a:
- $175.00 gift card to Best Buy or Apple
- $150.00 gift card to Walmart or Amazon
This position is responsible for the safe and efficient set up, inspection and operation of equipment/machinery utilized in the processing of pet food / treats products. Additionally, responsible for following standard operating procedures, including but not limited to, completing production related paperwork and meeting product specifications.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months forklift experience.
- Warehouse experience preferred.
- Continuous standing in one location for extended periods (up to 2-3 hours before break). Many jobs have fixed workstation locations and are conveyor line paced.
- Walking long distances sometimes on wet, uneven and slippery surfaces.
- Climbing or moving on ladders, steps, stairwells, walkways, and platforms.
- Carrying, lifting, lowering, pushing and pulling of heavy and or awkward objects or loads. Lifting and lowering of objects up to 60 lbs. Pushing or pulling of heavy roller carts, bins, or transport containers.
- Working in cold environment 20-45 deg F, hot environment exceeding 100 deg F and frequent contact with animal fats.
- Wearing, using and maintaining personal protective equipment. Using, cleaning, maintaining, and safe handling of sharp cutting tools.
- Frequent static and /or awkward work postures with neck and spine flexion while grasping, pinching, pulling, lifting, extending, flexing the hands and arms to perform tasks. A variety of arm and hand movements are required in applying force, movement and repetition.
- Using and maintaining a variety of knives, hand tools, powered tools and equipment, electrical devices, controls, and motorized vehicles.
- Being able to understand and follow oral and written instruction from supervisors and designated staff.
- Additional essential functions may be applicable to specific jobs.
- Must be able to comprehend and pass the PIT training, must also understand safe driving techniques.
- Must be able to properly complete paperwork for production and pre-op check lists.
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions and labels.
- Follow established personal safety guidelines and policies.
- Follow established food safety guidelines and policies.
Careers And Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits .
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn’t just a job – it’s the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That’s why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 43,000 U.S. team members and 16,000 European employees are dedicated to producing “Good food. Responsibly. ® ” and have made us one of the world’s leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield ® , Eckrich ® and Nathan’s Famous ® , among many others. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com , and connect with us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn and Instagram .
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
Company: Smithfield Foods
Job Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com