Website Smithfield Foods
This listing is about Smithfield Foods in North East, MD
About the job
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. team members and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing “Good food. Responsibly.®” and have made us one of the world’s leading vertically integrated protein companies . We’re looking for motivated people who want to join our team and grow lasting and meaningful careers with us.
Current opportunities include positions in General Production, Maintenance Mechanics and Warehouse Laborers.
Our team members receive industry-leading wages and are eligible for great benefits packages:
- Warehouse Laborers $15.50 Hourly Starting Pay
- Day Shfit Hours: 7AM-5:30PM (Tuesday-Friday)
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, Retirement Benefits and More
- Looking to move to the area? $2,500 Relocation Packages are available (eligibilities apply)
In addition, we offer opportunities for career growth, professional development, and tuition assistance.
Upon successful completion your first 90-days of employment with us, you’ll be eligible to select either a:
- $175.00 gift card to Best Buy or Apple
- $150.00 gift card to Walmart or Amazon
The Distribution Center team is looking for motivated professionals to facilitate the distribution of our great products to customers and consumers. The Warehouse Laborer job is an entry-level job designed to give workers exposure to basic warehouse operations with an eye toward development into other roles over time. Warehouse Laborers do not operate forklifts or other powered industrial trucks.
- Operate manual pallet-jacks to move pallets in the warehouse
- Operate pallet inverters and pallet-wrapping machines , operate compactors for recycle plastic and cardboard
- Apply packaging tape and/or labels to product, cases, and pallets
- Maintain stock of warehouse supplies
- Clean-up warehouse aisles, dock areas, and some outside areas, removing trash, broken pallets, wood, plastic, and trash, maintain 5S boards
- Assist equipment operators in other warehouse tasks. Hand stack cases for load consolidation, place placards on specialty loads.
- Support Inventory Control with identifying, and replacing strays for re-entry into inventory stock.
- Maintain print station. Ensure labels are in printers and maintain cleanliness of print areas.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions .
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum of 2+ years of work experience, previous warehouse experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Distribution Center/Warehouse work is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good planning and priority setting skills.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to learn to operate powered lifts preferred
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Follow and understand written and verbal instructions, signs.
- Flexible schedule: able to work 9-12 hour days/6 days a week.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in cold environment (-10 to 40 degrees F)
- Ability to work on wet and slippery conditions
- Ability to wear equipment, including hard hat, gloves, hearing protection, etc.
- Frequently push/pull heavy objects (15 to 75 lbs.)
- Occasional lifting of product from floor to waist level (up to 100 lbs.)
- Frequent bending at the waist/knees
Careers And Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits .
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn’t just a job – it’s the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That’s why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 43,000 U.S. team members and 16,000 European employees are dedicated to producing “Good food. Responsibly. ® ” and have made us one of the world’s leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield ® , Eckrich ® and Nathan’s Famous ® , among many others. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com , and connect with us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn and Instagram .
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
Company: Smithfield Foods
Job Location: North East, MD
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com