Website Smithfield Foods
This listing is about Smithfield Foods in Bolingbrook, IL
About the job
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. team members and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing “Good food. Responsibly.®” and have made us one of the world’s leading vertically integrated protein companies . We’re looking for motivated people who want to join our team and grow lasting and meaningful careers with us.
Current opportunities include positions in General Production, Maintenance Mechanics, Quality Assurance and Food Safety.
Our team members receive industry-leading wages and are eligible for great benefits packages:
- General Production earn up to $20.00 Per Hour
- $3,000 Welcome Bonus*
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, Retirement Benefits and More
- must meet program eligibility for payout.
In addition, we offer opportunities for career growth, professional development, and tuition assistance.
Upon successful completion your first 90-days of employment with us, you’ll be eligible to select either a:
- $175.00 gift card to Best Buy or Apple
- $150.00 gift card to Walmart or Amazon
The General Laborer position performs a variety of tasks supporting the production of the company’s products in a food manufacturing environment. This position follows standard work methods, Good Manufacturing Practices, and safety procedures to ensure production is as safe and efficient as possible.
- Assist Packaging Operator in packaging line
- Participate in the job rotation plan for the assigned production line
- Assemble boxes and tape them to be ready to use
- Pack packaged product into boxes
- Seal boxes with tape gun, or taper machine, and place into pallet configuration
- Heat seal multi-wall bags and/or poly bags as these are filled with product
- Fill and tie bulk product into super sacks
- Pass poly bags, multi-wall bags, and boxes through metal detector
- Place poly bags into combo tote pallet configuration
- Place multi-wall bags into pallet configuration
- Sort plastics from corrugated boxes for recycling
- Sweep floors as needed
- Assist in maintaining plant clean as needed
- Follow GMP’s
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), required.
- Knowledge and experience in Food Industry is a plus but not necessary
- Ability to work from written and/or verbal instructions
- Ability to use a utility knife safely that will be provided by the company
- Ability to learn while training with an experienced employee
- Ability to follow safety rules and requirements when working in dangerous areas or with powered equipment
- Ability to learn to accurately read and understand batch cards
- Ability to work as a team member while under training with experienced employee
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Careers And Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits .
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn’t just a job – it’s the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That’s why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 43,000 U.S. team members and 16,000 European employees are dedicated to producing “Good food. Responsibly. ® ” and have made us one of the world’s leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield ® , Eckrich ® and Nathan’s Famous ® , among many others. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com , and connect with us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn and Instagram .
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
Company: Smithfield Foods
Job Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org