Are you looking for a Job at Skanska in London, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Description And Requirements
Reporting to the 3rd Party Asset Protection Manager, and the Design Manager – Rail, you will input into the structural designs to strengthen (or otherwise mitigate) NR assets, located adjacent to the HS2 railway, which will be adversely affected by ground movements occurring during construction of the new railway.
One tool for mitigation is Compensation Grouting, though an array or TAMs radiating from temporary grout shafts. This is the focus of the current position. SCS have appointed a specialist D&B compensation grouting contractor, Bachy Soletanche, to carry out these works. A first task is to read and understand the contract between SCS and the specialist contractor and to then attend clarification and progress meetings. This role within the Engineering Team is to take a position which is independent of SCS Delivery and of the subcontractor.
Compensation grouting trials are due to start in the next project quarter. Initial studies have suggested that permanent grouting should be provided in the NR trace within the 20mm tunnelling settlement contour, from the tunnel portal running northwards to the start of the TBM works. This is yet to be confirmed by trials and by preliminary and detailed design
Those structures lying within the settlement contours include: Railway Tunnels, Bridging Structures, Retaining Walls, OLE Structures, Permanent Way, and Signalling Gantries. Mitigation measures for many of these structures are proposed, other than by means of compensation grouting. Permanent way is a main current area of focus for compensation grouting
Background work is significantly underway with reports produced for structural surveys and structural assessments. A mitigation strategy is being finalized, and a plan to produce detailed engineering designs, drawings, and specifications, or other forms of mitigation is in preparation.
An understanding of the full range of NR disciplines is required to be able to interface / coordinate / integrate with other discipline specialists, including Assurance (Safety Case), System Requirements (Reliability, Interfacing, Coordination, Integration, Completions), Civil (including Buildings and Building Services), E&P (including OLE, SCADA, EMC, M&E, Traction Power, E&B), Track (Pway, Formation, Drainage), Signalling (Gantries, Signal Sighting), and Telecomm (Systems, Troughing)
Working with the Asset Protection Manager, the Design Manager, and the Design Houses, you will review design delivery to meet the construction programme; subsequently taking steps to ensure that no slippage occurs in the programme. Forecast dates should match the original scheduled dates unless a scope change to baseline is identified as being required and has been authorized by the project.
You will manage day-to-day interactions with internal (eg Construction, Procurement, Logistics etc) and external interfaces, with the customer and third-party stakeholders (eg Network Rail, Thames Water etc). You will ensure the production of the design deliverables by our design partners meets the correct quality, contract, safety, time, and cost requirements. You will also work closely with the other design managers, to ensure coordination of design elements throughout the contract and to identify change.
In association with others, you will accept completed designs, complete with assurance documentation. Assurance processes include those of HS2, SCS, NR, TfL, LBC, and Utility Companies
- Reviewing Client documentation and providing timely input into the design process
- Assisting in planning, tracking, and reviewing design documentation
- Ensuring Bachy receives current design information and construction programme
- Meetings with the Work Package Surveyor on Contract Administration
- Meetings on Compensation Grouting Exclusion Zones
- Coordinating documentation review with the relevant SCS teams
- Assisting the Asset Protection Lead in the review of design resources and outputs
- Ensuring that design management plans and assurance plans are adhered to
- Being familiar with, and committing to Health & Safety and Environmental Policies?
- Implementing requirements of the Safety Management System
- Ensuring that the Construction Team, Sub-Contractors and Suppliers receive or have access to copies of the Health and Safety and Environmental Policies, and are kept informed of all relevant developments and issues
- Internal liaison with the Construction Team, QA team, Cost Control, etc
- External liaison with HS2, Subcontractors / Suppliers and Stakeholders, and close co-ordination with the Asset Managers
- Managing, mentoring, and developing junior team members and graduate engineers
The Ideal Candidate:
- University Engineering Degree in Civil Engineering or similar
- Professional qualification (CEng); or close to obtaining a professional qualification
- Working in a similar capacity for a contractor on a major project
- DPE or CRE an advantage
- Strong understanding of Engineering Principles, demonstrated by design experience
- Extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices
- Knowledge and Understanding of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal training
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system).
- CSCS Card
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender identity or expression, age, religion, sexual orientation and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and high-performing teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We welcome you to ask about flexibility at interview stage and we will explore what is possible for the role.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us using
More Information About The Role
Please note this is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us:
The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the business.
Vacancy Type: Temporary · Entry level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com