Website South Carolina Department of Corrections
This Job listing is about South Carolina Department of Corrections in Allendale County, SC 2022 exclusively on q4jobs.com
- Under general supervision of the shift lieutenant, is responsible for the overall supervision of subordinate security assigned to the housing units, and for the supervision, custody and control of all inmates assigned to the housing units.
- Makes routine inspections of the living areas for compliance with security, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Conducts investigations of alleged misconduct on the part of inmates and security personnel assigned to the area of responsibility.
- Assists in conducting formal and informal counts.
- Supervises the job performance, conduct and appearance of assigned security personnel and prepares employee evaluations.
- Counsels, recommends disciplinary action, and trains subordinate staff to required standards of performance.
- Prepares reports as needed or required.
Must successfully complete eight (8) week SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum And Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and relevant experience. A bachelor’s degree in a related field may be substitute for the required experience
SCDC Minimum Requirements
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
- A high school diploma
- Eighteen (18) months of experience in correctional, security, military, or police work.
Must be certified by the South Carolina Department of Corrections Training Academy and successfully complete the Basic Supervisory Course within six (6) months of entry into the position.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education
|Allendale County, SC