Website Rankin County School District
This Job listing is about Rankin County School District in Jackson, MS 2022 exclusively on q4jobs.com
Principal, Assistant Principal, or Director
Receives Guidance From
Principal, Assistant Principal, or Director
Compliant with position, salary and FLSA regulations
In keeping a tradition of excellence, the purpose of the Secretary is to assist in the administration of the district’s business affairs so as to provide the maximum services for the school office and to ensure that all students’ needs are being met. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintain a complete and systematic set of records
- Record details of the school’s transactions and records
- Receive and routes all incoming calls
- Maintain office equipment, inventories and office supplies
- Keep record of staff leave and absences
- File correspondence, invoices, cards, or other records in a timely manner and distributes to the correct department/person
- Clear files at intervals under a principal’s supervision
- Purchase for the school’s administration by identifying and recognizing the real needs for goods and services in all parts of school with consideration of the guidelines of prices, service, quality and delivery
- Lead and attend staff meetings/trainings as applicable; serve on staff committees
- Maintain and accept responsibility for any district owned fixed asset item assigned to employee and ensure appropriate use by following district policies for acceptable use
- Undergo periodic evaluations according to state and board policy procedures
- Maintain confidentiality
- Regular, dependable, in person, and punctual attendance is an essential function of this position
- Perform such other and not specifically enumerated duties as may be requested by the Board of Education, superintendent, administrator, director or established by district policy
- Read, understand, and abide by Employee Conduct Policy, GAB, all other District, State and Federal policies, and procedures and protocols as established by RCSD and the Mississippi Educator Code of Conduct
- Education Level: High school diploma or higher
- Other Requirements: Knowledge of computer skills, Frontline Absence Reporting, Office software preferred
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using equipment such as a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, reach, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is not a standard office setting; but rather encompasses the entire active school campus both inside and outside the facilities. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate and occasionally high.
Note: This is not necessarily an all-inclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. The job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
Terms Of Employment
Salary, days and work year as established by the Rankin County Board of Education
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Rankin County School Board policy on Evaluation of Employees.