Website Second Home
Are you looking for a Job at Second Home in London, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
Food and Beverage Manager – London
Salary: £30 – £35K DOE
Reports to: Head of Operations
About Second Home
Second Home is a certified B-Corp with a mission to support creativity, entrepreneurship and social change in cities around the world.
We have six critically acclaimed locations in London, Lisbon and Los Angeles and we have raised over $75 million from some of the world’s leading investors to help us scale our work around the world.
We use innovative biophilic design to transform spaces in the most sustainable way imaginable – creating magical workspaces, cultural venues, restaurants and bookshops that help spark new collaborations and breakthroughs.
Social impact is at the core of our values. Local community groups can use our meeting rooms free of charge – and our cultural programme is open to everyone, not just Second Home members. Over 15% of teams based at Second Home are nonprofits and social impact organizations. We also run our own community programmes like Libreria’s Language Labs.
Food and Beverage Manager – Job Description
At the heart of every Second Home is our cafe; used daily by our members and the public to meet, eat and drink. We create an exciting, welcoming restaurant environment for our community inside every Second Home.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, you are responsible for all food and beverage offerings across our 4 current and future sites, ensuring our in-house F&B as well those provided by third parties are on-brand and aligned with our vision.
Your typical duties will include:
● Overseeing day-to-day operations of Second Home F&B with goal of creating processes to scale
● Maintaining Second Home aesthetic & vision
● Managing cafe partners
- Recruiting new cafe partners when appropriate
- Ensuring highest standards from cafe partner(s) across multiple locations – variety, quality of product, presentation, speed of service, pricing, cleanliness, responding to needsequirements of members, alignment with Second Home’s values, etc.
- Act as the interface between the partner & the management team
- Develop & lead strategies to deliver & measure high member satisfaction
- Implement audit process and lead correction efforts when needed
- Monitoring partnership agreements
- Managing team/office/events accounts
● Working with Reception Teams to ensure smooth operation of tea/coffee stations + F&B for
● Monitoring budgets and contracts with suppliers and partners
● Negotiating and liaising with suppliers
● Working with Events Teams on execution of high standards for in-house and external events
● Occasional need to assist with service including serving customers, making coffee’s, etc.
● Ensure good maintenance of equipment and facilities and replace or flag where required
● Ensure excellent standards of safety, cleanliness, HSE, risk assessments & EHO
standards across all London locations
● Create and maintain a friendly, vibrant and supportive atmosphere
● Any other duty deemed relevant to the role and as requested by your line manager
The Ideal Candidate
● Experience building a food business and developing a brand
● Passion and enthusiasm for good food and drink
● Local knowledge, contacts as well as understanding trends and key players in the market
● Excellent attention to detail
● Good organisational and multi-tasking skills
● Food Hygiene certificate is desirable
● Confident, friendly, polite and professional with excellent customer service skills
● High personal integrity, honesty, good timekeeping, inter‐personal skills, ability to work under
pressure, whilst remaining patient and calm when dealing with customers and colleagues
● A can-do positive attitude
● High level of self-motivation, with the ability to take initiative; a self- starter
● A flexible approach in terms of work, changes and participation
● Ability to work well on your own and in teams
- 25 days holidays + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free weekly wellbeing classes (yoga & Meditation)
- Free weekly talks and cultural events
- 20% off books at Libreria
- Free CALM subscription
In accordance to The Equality Act 2010, we won’t discriminate because of age, disability,
gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
All applicants must hold proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Please send a copy of your CV
Company: Second Home
Vacancy Type: £30,000/yr – £35,000/yr · Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org