Website Second Avenue
This listing is about Second Avenue in Tampa, FL
About the job
Second Avenue is recruiting a talented individual with relevant experience in institutional SFR – including extensive experience in CapEx Rehabs and Turns for its National Rehab division.
Second Avenue is the premier platform for enabling institutions to deploy meaningful capital into single-deeded residential assets (SFR) while retaining control and valuable lines of sight into their investments over time. Second Avenue’s proprietary technology and exclusive relationships have allowed it to bring scale to scattered single family investment homes, a strategy that was previously untenable as an institutional asset class. The Company provides all aspects of sourcing, acquisition and property management services for its clients.
We offer a positive culture and professional work environment. Please visit our website for additional background on our business platform – www.secondavenue.com
Experience working in a medium to large, fast past Single-Family Construction/Remodeling Environment is a Must – As well as Knowledge of R&M, Turns, Rehabs, Construction Terminology and strong computer skills. Institutional level experience is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create Rehab and Turn Scopes based on underwriting budgets and recommendations from in-house acquisition and management teams..
- Build and maintain relationships with third-party national service providers to ensure efficient, cost effective and timely coordination and operations.
- Review and approve SOW proposals prepared by third party service provider.
- Accountability relating to definition of work scopes and job costing approval processes.
- Maintain real time knowledge of all applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws and building codes.
- Oversight of Rehab/Turn operations.
- Maintain divisional reporting requirements to clients and other Second Avenue divisions.
- Update internal reports/files on daily basis to assure continuity and efficiency.
- 5 plus years of residential construction and renovation exposure.
- Self-motivated and able to take independent initiative to meet deadlines and solve problems.
- Advanced ability to use a computer proficiently, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint and various internal software platforms.
- Ability to prepare and review accurate budgets/scopes relating to initial property intake renovations.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve issues.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes.
- Ability to set, manage and meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to engage in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to be reachable via phone and/or email at all times (including weekends), except during approved time off.
- Periodic travel to organizational meetings.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics and Background
- Minimum high school diploma (or equivalency) required. Associates Degree or higher degree preferred.
- Outstanding ability to understand and translate site photos and reports into actionable Rehab/Turn needs to meet established specifications and standards.
- Understanding of common-sense construction approaches and practices.
- Ability to exhibit a proven track record with respect to goal achievement, adherence to planned timeframes and urgency of execution of all related tasks and initiatives.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with a wide range of highly experienced peers and principals.
- Experience and knowledge with respect to accounting and management software platforms and related platforms a desirable plus.
- Successful track record with respect to prioritizing multiple initiatives – including rapid execution and sense of urgency regarding completion of key tasks within set timeframes.
- Strong work ethic, value system, high level of adaptability and team orientation.
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment.
Full-time, Salaried – Exempt
Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance, 401K
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Other duties may be assigned.
Company: Second Avenue
Job Location: Tampa, FL
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com