This listing is about SeatGeek in United States
About the job
Ticketing is a complex, historically opaque industry with a unique set of challenges. At SeatGeek we look to open ticketing with innovative technology, thoughtful interfaces, and an above-all-else focus on our users.
We are looking for Analytics Engineers with varying levels of experience to join SeatGeek’s Data team in New York City. You will join a high-performing team that is the go-to partner for our business’s data production and insights generation needs. You will play a critical role in storing, cataloging, modeling, and processing our data, enabling us to scale efficiently this year and beyond. You will build data models and dashboards, maintain key data pipelines and ETLs, and ingest data from multiple sources to produce clean, well-documented, analysis-friendly datasets. You will be an early hire on this team and will be given the opportunity to contribute to the vision for Analytics Engineering at SeatGeek. Above all, your work will drive us toward our mission of making SeatGeek the top destination for live event goers by putting data at the heart of everything we do.
SeatGeek’s data warehouse has been at the core of our Data team for the better part of a decade, and as early adopters of Redshift, Looker, and dbt, our business intelligence stack is technically mature and easy to work with. As the live entertainment market comes back, the future is up for grabs, and operators across the business will need clean, actionable metrics and feedback loops to make company-defining decisions. If you’re somebody who knows that you optimize what you measure, if you believe in the unreasonable effectiveness of data, if you get delight from helping your coworkers do their jobs better, and if you have strong opinions on how data can make that happen, then you’re the right person to take our solid foundation and build to the stars.
About Our Stack
- Scheduling/Orchestration: Luigi
- ETL: Custom Python and DBT
- Data Warehouse: Redshift
- Customer data: mParticle
- Dashboarding: Looker & Amplitude
- Code versioning: Gitlab
- Preferred languages: SQL and Python
What You’ll Do
- Join a team of Analytics Engineers that will develop data pipelines and use python-based ETL frameworks to acquire, process, and deliver data to consumers around SeatGeek.
- Communicate and collaborate with different stakeholders, like Data Scientists, Analysts, Data Platform Engineers, and our Product team to produce requirements and detailed designs.
- Implement cataloging best practices and lead the definition, collection, documentation of our data sources. Invest in end-user data literacy through hands-on training with folks around the company.
- Work closely with data scientists to build lasting data modelling solutions, including automating analyses and authoring pipelines via SQL-based ETL frameworks. Develop data models and schemas that enable performant and intuitive analysis in a Data Warehouse setting.
- Own third party data vendor management, e.g. mParticle, Amplitude, Looker.
Who You Are
- You have 2+ years of relevant experience in Analytics, Data, or Software Engineering. Familiarity with dbt required.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in economics, psychology, computer science, statistics, mathematics or another quantitative discipline
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL. Proficiency in programming with Python.
- Experience developing new metrics and performing analysis with large datasets
- Experience building reports and dashboards using business intelligence tools
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org