Website Scientific Search
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Scientific Search in Twinsburg, OH
About the job
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Check out www.scientificsearch.com for all of our openings
Our client is recognized as the expert in RF communications, measurement and management providing innovative RF products, systems, services and educational solutions to the wireless industry. They pride themselves having employees that enjoy working for a privately owned manufacturing business where their contributions make a great impact.
Responsible for complex software engineering projects including all aspects of firmware and software development. The ideal candidate will actively participate in the product system requirements definition process, define software architecture, and create and maintain software targeting a variety of COTS and proprietary micro-controller-based systems running a variety of operating systems from bare metal to Linux. You will be expected to demonstrate senior level expertise and knowledge of software principals, tools, and applications, to exercise independent judgement to deliver results, and to provide coaching and mentoring to other engineers.
- Develop an environment of continual improvement through the use of Lean tools.
- Be able to explain key concepts of the Quality Policy, Quality Goals, and complete requirements from ISO 9001 (Quality Management Systems) training.
- Create and maintain software targeting COTS and proprietary embedded platforms.
- Design and construct software components and drivers to handle device peripherals and common communications and networking protocols.
- Collaborate with hardware and software design teams to integrate hardware, OS, and application software to create new products.
- Communicate concepts, consequences and tradeoffs to engineering and cross functional stakeholders (speaking/writing/diagramming).
- Practice strong engineering ethics (detail, quality, accuracy, communication, honesty, etc).
- Work constructively and effectively with teams of varying skills and personalities (collaborative, constructive, and flexible).
- Identify and employ appropriate methods, technologies, languages, tools, and platforms to carry out work effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain technical skills & knowledge to stay abreast of industry best practices and emerging technologies and methods.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to newer engineers in best practices of the profession, including TDD, unit testing, test automation, DevOps, design patterns, and agile habits and methods.
- Develop an environment of continual improvement through the use of Agile and Lean tools.
- Contribute to the creation of software components for clients’ products and customers that target a range of embedded, desktop, mobile, and web platforms.
- Actively participate with agile teams in the adoption of appropriate DevOps tools and platforms to enable robust, high quality, and agile creation of software components for our products.
- BS/MS or equivalent demonstrated professional expertise in electrical or computer/software engineering with 10+ years in embedded software design & construction.
- Demonstrated expertise in software development principals, processes, methods, languages, and tools.
- Specific expertise in the use of C and C++ in embedded environments.
- Demonstrated expertise with microcontroller devices at the hardware level (register models, interrupts, DMA, peripherals, etc).
- Demonstrated expertise with a range of communications technologies (USB, Ethernet, SPI, I2C at the physical & protocol level, including driver & application software, compliance verification, defect resolution, etc).
- Demonstrated embedded software system design experience (ISRs, Drivers, RTOS/OS integration, application architectures, APIs, etc)
- Competent use of TDD, Unit Test and automated test tools and methods.
- Competent use of state-of-the-art DevOps tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Azure, Containers, etc).
- Competent use of Digital test equipment (Signal Generators, Logic Analyzers, etc)
- Experience with software/hardware integration from design to production.
- Familiarity with agile methods (SCRUM, XP, Kanban, etc)
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Ability to lead software teams
- Familiarity with either Yocto or Buildroot for building and embedded Linux file system.
- Familiarity with u-boot on ARM platforms.
- Experience with LXI or EtherCat.
- Experience with instrumentation products
- Familiarity with RF applications and technologies
- Familiarity with Test & measurement/metrology concepts and principals (calibration, uncertainty, etc).
- Experience working in agile engineering teams.
Client offers a competitive salary package that is dependent on qualifications and experience as well as a strong benefit package, plus participation in a companywide bonus plan. Interested candidates should submit current resume. For a faster response please include job title in subject line. Please note that all candidates applying must have proper US work authorization, client will NOT sponsor.
Company: Scientific Search
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Twinsburg, OH
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com