Website Scientific Search
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Scientific Search in Twinsburg, OH
About the job
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Check out www.scientificsearch.com for all of our openings
Our client is recognized as the expert in RF communications, measurement and management providing innovative RF products, systems, services and educational solutions to the wireless industry. They pride themselves having employees that enjoy working for a privately owned manufacturing business where their contributions make a great impact.
The Mechanical Design Engineer II is responsible for dynamics in electro-mechanical product design in an agile engineering environment. The ideal candidate will interact with other team members: sales, marketing, manufacturing, and quality assurance to design and test new products and maintain existing products in a concurrent engineering environment. Completion of job responsibilities will be through both internal and external contacts and accomplished in a timely and ethical manner. Responsible for accurately capturing and submitting design changes required after an engineering-assisted production build.
Provides design support for new product development, sales, purchasing, quality, and sustaining engineering support for manufacturing.
- Design of new product data including mechanical models and drawings, sketches, and bills of material which meet or exceed provided performance and cost criteria.
- Contribute to product strategy development and portfolio planning
- Innovation with the use of conceptual product ideation, new design elements, materials and manufacturability.
- Translate conceptual designs into a fully detailed CAD representation.
- Develops innovative solutions to unique problems.
- Develop an environment of continual improvement through the use of Agile and Lean tools.
- Able to effectively train people outside workgroups.
- Able to give effective presentations to critical/high-level customers and effectively represent the team in design reviews and cross-organizational teams.
- Technical assistance to sales, customer service, and customers as required.
- Technical support and sustaining engineering for manufacturing operations.
- Technical support to purchasing for vendor or parts selection.
- Administrative support to the Engineering Manager for project data maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science.
- Experience with modern 3D CAD and data management tools (i.e., Solid Edge, SE Design Manager, and ERP).
- Experience with detailed drafting techniques (i.e., tolerances, surface finish, GD&T, BOM’s and revision control).
- Experience with mechanical design techniques (i.e., electronic assemblies, sheet metal fabrication, machined parts, injection-molded, tolerance stack-up, and design for manufacturability).
- Experience with simulation tools for thermal, fluid dynamics, and stress/strain analysis. (i.e., FEA, CFD, and Simscale).
- Five or more years of experience with demonstrated technical knowledge of mechanical aspects of applied RF designs.
- Experience with 3D CAD design for parts and assemblies of RF/electronic devices.
- Experience in rapid prototyping techniques for machining, forming, and injection molding.
- Experience in rapid prototyping techniques and limitations for 3D structures (i.e. 3D printers)
- Experience with the root cause and corrective action.
Client offers a competitive salary package that is dependent on qualifications and experience as well as a strong benefit package, plus participation in a companywide bonus plan. Interested candidates should submit current resume. For a faster response please include job title in subject line. Please note that all candidates applying must have proper US work authorization, client will NOT sponsor.
Company: Scientific Search
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Twinsburg, OH
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com