Website Save the Children US
This listing is about Save the Children US in Berea, KY
About the job
Staff whose work requires or potentially could require any in-person interaction with Save the Children colleagues, partners, or beneficiaries must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless otherwise required by law. Save the Children complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
The Technical Support Associate will provide daily Business Services delivery for Save the Children’s three Kentucky (KY) locations (currently one in Lexington and two in Berea). Your role will be a support function covering services such as, but not limited to, mail, security, reception, office moves, office equipment, minor office repairs and maintenance, Level 1 & Level 2 technical assistance, installation and setup of IT equipment for staff.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
Technical Support (70%)
- Provide Basic Level 1 and Level Il technical support for standard PC hardware and software to the Save the Children home office and remote staff members
- Diagnose and correct basic problems with PC hardware and software
- Coordinate vendor support where necessary to correct issues
- Install PC hardware and software, imaging and configuration
- Provide support for video conferencing systems, printers and telecom systems
- Discern when an incident needs to be escalated internally to a team member or to third party vendors for investigation and final resolution and keep manager informed of important issues
- Accountable for day-to-day decisions around prioritizing tickets, execution of jobs, and for setting clear objectives and measures for oneself
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion on significant matters related to functional area
Building Operations Support (20%)
▪ Provide support for all SCUS events (set-up of conference rooms, clean-up, coordination) and maintain an overall neat and organized appearance of the SCUS office space and conference rooms
▪ Complete assigned Building Operations Helpdesk tickets
▪ Assist staff with minor office/cubicle configuration and/or set up and departmental office moves
▪ Troubleshoot and maintain office equipment and work with our internal teams (i.e. IT) and external vendors as necessary (water coolers, refrigerators)
▪ Minor office repairs and maintenance such as light plumbing and light carpentry.
▪ Liaison with facility vendors such as security, cleaning, landlord, etc. and work with each to resolve issues and/or arrange maintenance
▪ Individual will plan to spend equal time between the offices in Berea and the one in Lexington.
▪ Maintain Building Operations supplies (mailroom, office, facilities)
▪ Maintain a current evacuation map for the KY offices and plan for occasional drills
▪ Lead and assist the KY office staff(s) with fire marshal activity including fire drills and alarms
▪ Perform Other Duties As May Be Required
▪ Keep individuals informed as to the status of their request for PC assistance.
▪ Record all requests in the appropriate help desk system.
▪ Build effective relationships within their immediate or peer workgroup
▪ Perform inventory management. Keep track of all PC related items (software, PCs, cables, etc.) in order to provide an accurate Agency inventory at all times.
▪ Maintain an accurate, up-to-date inventory database from which reports can be generated at any time to access the Agency’s PC related assets.
▪ High School diploma or equivalent, plus at least one (1) year of relevant experience
▪ Proven work experience with Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office.
▪ Demonstrated working knowledge of a variety of PC software and hardware from different manufacturers, with a proven ability to learn new software packages and hardware configurations.
▪ Proven familiarity with network environments
▪ Experience with MS software suite and tools, hardware (Lenovo, Apple) and end-user support.
▪ Professional proficiency in Windows technology and how it applies in an enterprise context
▪ Professional proficiency with MS Office Suite
▪ Professional proficiency in spoken and written English
▪ Ability to lift packages/office equipment, up to 70 pounds, on a daily basis
▪ Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate successfully with individuals and teams at all levels, both internal and external
▪ Demonstrated commitment to creating and fostering an environment of diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
This position may require the incumbent to operate a motor vehicle to fulfill certain essential functions of the job. The incumbent should maintain a valid driver’s license and remain in compliance with any Save the Children policies pertaining to the safe operation of motor vehicles.
Why you should join the Save the Children Team…
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU!
About Save The Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Our work for children and their families requires that we commit—at every opportunity—to work together to identify and dismantle persistent systemic and structural racism, inequality, and any other forms of discrimination in this country and beyond. As an anti-racist organization, Save the Children will not tolerate discrimination in any form—in our employment practices, amongst our staff, in our leadership or toward the people we serve. We stand in solidarity with all people to fight for equal rights, justice, inclusion, and belonging.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom we are in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation.
Save the Children is committed to minimizing safety and security risks for our valued employees, ensuring all are given training, support and information to reduce their risk exposure while maximizing the impact of our programs for children and families. Our shared duty, both agency and individual, is to seek and maintain safe working conditions for all.
Company: Save the Children US
Job Location: Berea, KY
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org