This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Rovercom in Seattle, WA
About the job
Who we are:
What to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, and Spokane. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We’re an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world’s most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we’re looking for:
Rover has seen tremendous growth and success over its ten-year history, including our entry into the public markets in the summer of 2021. We are seeking an experienced Controller to join our accounting team, reporting to the VP, Accounting, to lead and continue to build and improve the financial accounting function at Rover. Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to financial reporting, the close process, audits, and business process controls. This is a high visibility role where you will support leadership and help scale the accounting team, helping to ensure we are meeting the high standards of a public company. This role will require deep expertise in accounting, practical problem-solving skills, and a good balance between strategic thinking and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents, in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- 10+ years experience in Accounting at high-growth technology companies; at least 6 years in a leadership role with at least 3 years in a public company environment
- CPA; experience at “Big 4” audit firm a plus
- Deep knowledge of and proficiency with current accounting rules, compliance, and technical accounting; and always strives for the adoption of best practices;
- Ability to design and implement processes that are SOX compliant and scalable
- Leadership skills: organized and structured, with the ability to set strategy, build a plan, develop and manage an accounting team
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with various levels of the organization, service providers, and vendors
- Problem solver who loves to continuously learn and who isn’t afraid to take on new challenges, while knowing when to ask for help
- International experience; ability to guide accounting across multiple entities and consolidations
- Results-oriented, with a track record of scaling, leading, and driving improvements
- Lead & plan the growth of financial accounting function to build & develop the team, implement & execute scalable processes, and support the team to drive close process improvements
- Support the production of consolidated financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and related internal financial reports on a timely basis; ensure a scalable, efficient, accurate close process
- Plan, direct, and coordinate Internal Controls/SOX, payroll, and equity functions
- Assess current accounting, payroll and equity operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes
- Coordinate and manage the annual external audit, serving as primary liaison with auditor leadership
- Partner closely with internal audit and demonstrate a strong understanding of the key risks and processes in the organization to ensure appropriate business process controls are maintained
- Drive the investment policy and other treasury strategies
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and commitment to quality as well as Rover’s values.
- Hire, train, and retain skilled accounting staff
Benefits of working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Pet benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog or cat
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to Covid-19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (currently performed virtually due to Covid-19)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive, and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Application Deadline: N/A